Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:10 AM

5 posts, read 28,923 times

Advertisements

Good to know. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 PM

658 posts, read 1,553,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
The general rule is to avoid anything bounded by Beach, Gothard, Edinger and Slater. Even then there are exceptions to the rule.
Can you elaborate on these areas?

Beach
Gothard
Edinger

and I'm aware of Slater Slums by now. but what about those other three areas?

By Beach do you mean a certain area, or do you mean near the actual beach?

Old 07-31-2013, 07:35 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Those are street names. Go to google maps and figure it out.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:41 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certsevtxert View Post
Can you elaborate on these areas?

Beach
Gothard
Edinger

and I'm aware of Slater Slums by now. but what about those other three areas?

By Beach do you mean a certain area, or do you mean near the actual beach?
I can't speak for the other streets, but just about all of Beach Boulevard is known for its prostitution, pimps and drugs. Honestly, there is no reason why you should ever be walking on that street, and you should have no problem (at whatever time) if you are just driving through.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:09 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
I can't speak for the other streets, but just about all of Beach Boulevard is known for its prostitution, pimps and drugs. Honestly, there is no reason why you should ever be walking on that street, and you should have no problem (at whatever time) if you are just driving through.
I remember being approached by prostitutes while waiting for my drive through order at Del Taco on Beach Blvd. in Stanton. That was nearly 30 years ago. is it still that bad? I've been gone from the area for almost ten years. I don't remember anything like that when I left.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Those are street names. Go to google maps and figure it out.
You could have left out the second sentence which was just rude. I didn't know they were streets, but thanks for telling me, if ever so rudely.
Anyway my question was about the areas, not the location; this is something Google maps could not tell me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Wow that's pretty bad! Thank you for the advice!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcousert View Post
I remember being approached by prostitutes while waiting for my drive through order at Del Taco on Beach Blvd. in Stanton. That was nearly 30 years ago. is it still that bad? I've been gone from the area for almost ten years. I don't remember anything like that when I left.
Why did you move? Just wondering

Quote:
The slater slums are the worse section of Huntington Beach...

The general rule is to avoid anything bounded by Beach, Gothard, Edinger and Slater. Even then there are exceptions to the rule.
Based on this advice, I made a map:

In fact, if you want to avoid ALL areas bordering those streets (one street over on either side of each of those four streets), here is a map:

Last edited by certsevtxert; 08-02-2013 at 01:07 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 10:22 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certsevtxert View Post
Why did you move? Just wondering

Based on this advice, I made a map:

In fact, if you want to avoid ALL areas bordering those streets (one street over on either side of each of those four streets), here is a map:
That last map makes no sense. Even within the red area on the first map (as has been noted) there are exceptions. That last map takes in the Central Park and library and a number of livable apartment communities (students and young families), in addition to middle-class single-family dwellings. Why would you warn people away from there? (especially since you don't live here yet ).

The "Slater Slums" don't reach out and grab people to lure them in to their detriment and demise; I'm sure there are people that live in or near the place that may not even know the area is called by that name.

There is nothing in HB that is no-go EVER.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:42 PM

46 posts, read 131,148 times
Wow, there must be secret parts of Beach that I never go on because I drive on it day and night and never have witnessed prostitutes and I don't think drug deals are going to be that obvious. Homeless, yes, but they are in many places. There are certainly some better parts than others, but HB in general is pretty safe overall.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:09 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
The hookers are gonna be more into garden grove and the Stanton area if there are hookers in HB they are keeping a pretty low profile. Heck when I drive down 1st street in Santa Ana I see a few at 4 am but even then it's just a few. And yes at ONE time in the 80s-90s beach bl was hooker central and I remwmber going with my buddies to check out the hookers when we were young punks. HB cleaned that out a lllooonnnngggg time ago. Drug deals happen everywhere and while Hb may not be immune to it it's hardly crack central. Are there "bad" areas? Yeah there are some crappier areas but every city has some bad more run down areas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County