Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 03:16 PM

98 posts, read 433,361 times

Advertisements

I know a lot of people hate you and want to talk trash on you. I just want you to know - I moved away from you over a year ago and while I do love where I am now (Denver) I really still miss you.

Don't let anyone say anything about your snobbish fake people and pretentious atmosphere - the lousy drivers (ya you Little Saigon - don't be offended you know it's true) - the noisy streets - and pseudo fashionable sense. I still love you. I remember my lovely drives up and down PCH, my Starbucks on every corner, the beach, the wet suit clad surfers, IN n OUT, little posh stores that I love to hate and the wanna be cool stores (damn you Tillys!), and the cool (mostly) temperate climate. I miss going up to Big Bear in the Winter and the Los Angeles camping experience. I miss Ikea. Can you send me an Ikea please? I would be forever grateful. And Woodys. *sigh* I miss year round flip flops and being able to go somewhere without people bothering me (sometimes it's just pesky with the people being so damn nice here in Denver.... hahaha) I miss my pagans - such a lovely and large diverse pagan population.... heck diversity in general. You will always call me back and I promise to keep coming to visit often.

I have left you and I am probably never coming back for more than a week here and there - don't be mad. It's not you - it's me. I just can't afford the apartment prices anymore and keep up a carefree lifestyle. I still love you and I miss home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 05:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
I lived in SoCal for 45 years. I now live a little south of Denver, a little north of Colorado Springs.

I understand this original post.

SoCal is like an ex-wife; You had some good times together, in some ways you may even still miss her.

But you just can't stand living with her.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:27 PM

98 posts, read 433,361 times
HAHAHAHA Well said sir! Well said!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:23 PM

605 posts, read 866,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I understand this original post. You had some good times together, in some ways you may even still miss her.
But you just can't stand living with her.
OP - nice post, I can relate

p.s. there's a lot of Starbuck's on every corner in Northern Cal too
"It's not you - it's me. I just can't afford the apartment prices anymore and keep up a carefree lifestyle. I still love you and I miss home."
~ hopefully I'll be saying that this time next year...

Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 61,732 times
I moved out of OC a little over a month ago, and couldn't be happier. I hope I never have the misfortune of going back. OC is the most offensive place I have ever been too, with very few redeeming qualities. Good riddance, and Buh Bye!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 PM

Freaking drivers today---Argghhhh
Take me back to NORTHERN CAL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:25 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
The tiny amount of OC haters are all in here. The eight million people who love it and wouldn't live anywhere else, are out enjoying their lives and loving every minute of it.
A few sore heads who have no life are in here complaining about it.
I spent 50 years in Buena Park, Fullerton and Yorba Linda. I can't rremember anything about it I didn't like. Well, maybe a couple of bosses I had, but I don't think that counts.
It doesn't matter where you live, if you are unhappy, you will remain unhappy.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:54 PM

"Wherever you go---there you are"....

Old 11-13-2007, 10:11 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,389 times
Quote:
The tiny amount of OC haters are all in here. The eight million people who love it and wouldn't live anywhere else, are out enjoying their lives and loving every minute of it.
A few sore heads who have no life are in here complaining about it.
I spent 50 years in Buena Park, Fullerton and Yorba Linda. I can't rremember anything about it I didn't like. Well, maybe a couple of bosses I had, but I don't think that counts.
It doesn't matter where you live, if you are unhappy, you will remain unhappy
Do you really like the traffic, congestion, illegals, rows and rows of similar looking homes, and all the other stuff that comes with 8 million people living in a relatively small area? I can see why some folks would complain. Having lived there for 50 years, I would think you would feel sick about seeing OC today. It used to be so nice in the 60's when there was still open land between cities. You really can't think of one thing you don't like?
Also your last statement doesn't make sense to me. Does it mean that if you are unhappy about where you live, than no matter where you move you will still be unhappy? I think folks can indeed move and be happier with a different area. After all, places change, needs and priorities change.
It did for us.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrpilot View Post
Do you really like the traffic, congestion, illegals, rows and rows of similar looking homes, and all the other stuff that comes with 8 million people living in a relatively small area? I can see why some folks would complain. Having lived there for 50 years, I would think you would feel sick about seeing OC today. It used to be so nice in the 60's when there was still open land between cities. You really can't think of one thing you don't like?
Also your last statement doesn't make sense to me. Does it mean that if you are unhappy about where you live, than no matter where you move you will still be unhappy? I think folks can indeed move and be happier with a different area. After all, places change, needs and priorities change.
It did for us.
Well said I remember the 70's, so many trees-we couldn't decide which one to build a treehouse in, so much land, "Adventure Playground" could partake anywhere and without city consent. I can tell you, I've lived in Oregon, Milton Freewater, Beaverton, Oregon City, Eugene, and College Place/Walla Wallla, WA and Northern California, and I was indeed happier, the only thing that changed was the external environment...go figure
*scratches head*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County