Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,147 times

Advertisements

We haven't seen our cat since Sunday the 29th. He is very friendly with our neighbors and visits their houses and other cats every day. Some of our neighbors remember their kids playing with him at our community pool on Sunday but we haven't seen him since then. He is great at making his way back home and he is almost always back in our yard or waiting by his door to come inside by 9 or 10pm. This makes us think somebody unfamiliar with him was at the community pool even though they don't live in the neighborhood and thought he was a stray or wanted to help, so they took him home. He is microchipped and has a break-away collar on with a little bell...so if somebody took him they know he belongs to someone. We've looked all over inside and outside of the community and have signs posted all around. We've visited the local vets and shelters with signs, so at this point we can only hope someone has enough sense to turn him in if that's why he's lost in the first place. Please check out the pictures below!

We live at the intersection of Portola and Jamboree. And I just have to reiterate: he is always inside by the end of the night on his own. We stay up and wait sometimes, but he always returns. It's sad to think that someone would have stolen him, but at this point it is the most likely scenario.

http://i.imgur.com/AFpIQmI.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/wDTNMZF.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/deAsVS2.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/deAsVS2.jpg?1
Thanks for looking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 AM

823 posts, read 1,770,041 times
I have family in Irvine and was told there are coyotes. Some cats have been victims. The family cat went missing also this past summer and after looking high and low, she was found on top of someone's roof where she stayed for 4 days? I hope yours is found.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,147 times
I know coyotes are a possibility but it seems less likely than someone trying to "rescue" him. I haven't seen or heard coyotes yet - usually they come out more when it starts getting dark earlier. Plus I like to think it would be pretty unlikely for them to have jumped multiple gates to get to where he hangs out..Was your family cat hurt or sick up on the roof? Our cat walks around the roofs of our neighbors so I'll be sure to look there again.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 PM

823 posts, read 1,770,041 times
This family cat was found very skinny after not being able to eat for a few days, but she plumped up quickly. I forget who found her up on someone's roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: