Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 01:36 AM

4,324 posts, read 5,069,715 times

Advertisements

I haven't visited it yet, although I wonder if this new town center really feals like a downtown for those of you who have had the chance to visit? How would you rate it against Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 11:02 AM

20 posts, read 96,079 times
Nowhere close in comparison.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:34 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,398,010 times
Town Center does not feel like a downtown. It is a large shopping center in Rancho, and looks very nice with a good variety of large and small shops [mainly chain]. The plaza is centered around the car though, as most people come in, park, go in to the store they want, and then leave. That is how most shopping areas of the county are saves the beach communities and malls. You won't find people walking around browsing the shops.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:00 PM

164 posts, read 515,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I haven't visited it yet, although I wonder if this new town center really feals like a downtown for those of you who have had the chance to visit? How would you rate it against Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga?
Never been to Rancho Cucamonga, so I wouldn't know how it compares.

Missionhome is correct, about the cars, parking and such. Rancho Santa Margarita is pretty much like every other city in So OC in that it isn't pedestrian oriented. I like walking and live close enough to some of the shopping areas that I can walk, but the way the developers built all the shopping centers in Rancho make it difficult. Landscaping that blocks efforts of a walker to enter in a direct route...also built so walking to stores would require dodging impatient drivers through the parking lot. I'm constantly amazed at how anti-pedestrian traffic most cities are built.

Its a shame, because its a pretty enough city that walking is pleasant. I just walk over to O'Neal Park now, though. I gave up trying to walk to the stores around here shortly after arriving. (It can still be done, mind you, its just not easy.)

Ladera Ranch is supposedly different...I read when it was being developed that they purposely built walking paths into the layout so a person who didn't want to drive could get anywhere. If that actually panned out, I don't know, but I have seen the pedestrian bridges over the Crown Valley parkway. It'd be a great idea, especially with gas prices being what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County