Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:49 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,150,157 times

Advertisements

Disneyland is a business and they have no issue with demand. I don't blame them for raising prices. It's not like people aren't demanding their product. The higher the prices go the more people seem to go. I plan on taking my family of four there next week and even though it is pricey, the memories are more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 08:02 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
In their defense, the crowds have gotten out of control and the higher prices should help thin the herds
Thats exactly why they are doing this. Too many complaints of overcrowding and 5 hour lines. Seems it would just be easier to limit ticket sales. You pick a day you want to go to Disneyland and buy a ticket for that day. They could even set aside a few thousand tix for people who want to show up early and go same day. Not that difficult.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 PM

82 posts, read 132,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
Oh yay!! Thanks! Guess I heard half a news story.

I think the pass is the best deal including parking and shopping/food discounts.

In their defense, the crowds have gotten out of control and the higher prices should help thin the herds
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Thats exactly why they are doing this. Too many complaints of overcrowding and 5 hour lines. Seems it would just be easier to limit ticket sales. You pick a day you want to go to Disneyland and buy a ticket for that day. They could even set aside a few thousand tix for people who want to show up early and go same day. Not that difficult.
they are cleansing out the undesirables. d-land is better once u filter out the trash.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyDeshawnJenkins View Post
they are cleansing out the undesirables. d-land is better once u filter out the trash.

No they are limiting entry. The year long pass holders go there all the time and crowd the place and the people who actually spend money there ( real tourists) can't get in.
The annual pass holder is not a money maker. That's a one time fee and that's it. That overs in comes in multiple times in a year and takes up room from a tourist who will by far outspend the local in ticket purchase, food purchase and memorabilia purchase.
I don't blame Disney one bit. They are not barring entry,they are simply making it where everyone pays the same.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:36 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
i worked at disneyland for years back in my high school and college days. i remember going as a youth growing up in OC. people have been complaining about prices and crowding for as long as i can remember. none of this is new, yet the park continues to draw the masses willing to pay top dollar for a day with the mouse. it reminds me of traffic in LA/OC area, you can complain about it all you want but it's certainly not going to change anything.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:03 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,304,277 times
Put on an enormous fat suit with your kids inside, save some dough.

Old 05-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
Put on an enormous fat suit with your kids inside, save some dough.
im sure there's some experienced border crossers, in that area, that can just hop a fence too. save some dough.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:40 PM

601 posts, read 1,450,915 times
We opted for a yearly pass, upgraded to a package with less blackout dates, never looked back. It's a great deal, especially with the rising 1-day prices. You get discounts on food/purchases in the parks with your pass.

It practically pays for itself.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:44 PM

908 posts, read 1,302,670 times
At the end of the day, Disneyland raises its prices because there is still heavy demand and people continue to flock there. If anyone is against the hikes, then simply don't go. Same thing goes for professional sports when people complain about athlete contracts. Money talks big, so just don't go and don't spend and prices will go down ... basic supply and demand. I'm sure there are many other creative ways for parents to entertain their kids other than Disneyland. Just be as imaginative as Walt Disney was when he created Disneyland.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
No they are limiting entry. The year long pass holders go there all the time and crowd the place and the people who actually spend money there ( real tourists) can't get in.
The annual pass holder is not a money maker. That's a one time fee and that's it. That overs in comes in multiple times in a year and takes up room from a tourist who will by far outspend the local in ticket purchase, food purchase and memorabilia purchase.
I don't blame Disney one bit. They are not barring entry,they are simply making it where everyone pays the same.
wrong. when u filter out poor people, you have people who are not only going to buy tickets, but they will go and buy 500 pieces of souvenirs, eat the expensive food, and pay for everything else. year long pass holders have little impact. what you are saying is not even logical at all.

question, do you think a poor person is going to buy a 80$ stuffed mickey mouse animal? you are not logical at all.

"That's a one time fee and that's it. That overs in comes in multiple times in a year and takes up room from a tourist who will by far outspend the local in ticket purchase, food purchase and memorabilia purchase. " yeah a tourist that flys the family to d-land repeatedly all year, you are not logical at all.. how many jet setters are there that do this?

there's far more poor people that you can filter out and make way more revenue by raising ticket price. get outta here buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County