Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM

117 posts, read 238,284 times

Advertisements

Phillip Reily elementary school in Mission Viejo has a program for special education students.

I think Thousand Oaks weather is better than Southern Orange county, cooler temperatures with a marine layer in the mornings. I don't know about Thousand Oaks being left leaning. Thousand Oaks was the home base of KKK for a long time. Maybe times have changed but I know a few people from Thousand Oaks that are hardcore tea party republican (watched too much FOX news for their own good).

You can't really go wrong with either Thousand Oaks or Mission Viejo. Both areas are good places to raise a family. You may want to look into the KKK situation in Thousand Oaks though.

Check out this map, all neighborhoods in SoCal in a few words. http://mapurbane.com/los-angeles-nei...d-stereotypes/

Last edited by jamsifoes; 06-18-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 02:46 PM

276 posts, read 747,613 times
Thanks -- ill def check out kkk / racist activities as my wife is from India --

Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM

79 posts, read 96,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
same job--yes. it will be retained.
holmdel is good -- i guess. ive not too many complaints.
but at this moment, i am leaning very heavily towards Ventura County over OC.
i meant can you keep your job and just stay in NJ? what is your main reason for leaving?

i personally want the weather my son also has cerebral palsy and uses a walker to walk. winters are not easy!

Old 06-18-2014, 03:11 PM

117 posts, read 238,284 times
I made a mistake. Simi Vally just north of Thousand Oaks is the KKK capital of US. It's close enough.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basal1999 View Post
i meant can you keep your job and just stay in NJ? what is your main reason for leaving?

i personally want the weather my son also has cerebral palsy and uses a walker to walk. winters are not easy!
sure i could remain here in Holmdel...but as my wife just sold both optometry practices...we are wanting to start elsewhere. i agree with u with winters--especially this past winter. i've bad asthma in the winter + seemingly, now, with the humidity.

my main reason for leaving is that my work team broke up and I went to the west division + wife sold OD practices...hence, if there is a time to start over, its now. i could elect to remain in the east, but don't want to.

For you, its quality of life due to you having to carry I think your son based on CP, in the snow. that is so difficult--my daughter is 9 y old and she alone is very hard to carry, at only 55 lbs.

Good luck to you and your family!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:35 PM

79 posts, read 96,100 times
good luck to you also! update your final decision if you remember.

my son is also limp in the humidity..

it's so scary to think of moving across the country.

i know i want to try to find a walkable neighborhood since i've realized after leaving cranford how much i appreciated it and am leaning towards north oc. dh will be located in lake forest.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Hi, we have finished our searching after 5 grueling days of driving, traffic, house searching, neighborhood analysis, sex-offender proximity searching, school analysis, etc., we FINALLY determined--for us--that Irvine is the best place.

Thousand Oaks was awesome, and so was Mission Viejo and Aliso Viejo.

Every place had their + and -.

But for us, Irvine "felt" right.

So we are flying back now to NJ to finalize everything.

Good luck to you basal1999 -- OC is awesome, the weather is incredible, the people we've encountered were pleasant, the choice of restaurants were great. Hopefully, you can make it happen :-)

Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM

4,451 posts, read 6,800,191 times
Instead of buying a house, how about buying a commercial building for your wife's practice or buying a practice with a building.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meameame12 View Post
Thank you very much---it certainly does help. I've spoken to a realtor and she mentioned that the drive from Mission Viejo to Irvine--taking the Toll road--is around 30 minutes--this sounds far :-(
You think THAT is far? (Are you certain you want to move to OC?)

Old 07-02-2014, 10:47 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Have a safe flight back and best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County