Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 05:30 PM

63 posts, read 229,391 times

Advertisements

Can anyone please give me information on the neighborhood that is the very west area of Laguna Beach by El Toro Road, west of the 73?

Also the "Laguna Audubon" neighborhood, which is actually Aliso Viejo?

Thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 PM

32 posts, read 44,370 times
Any area of residences in LB is going to be centered around PCH. Anything down Laguna Canyon is mostly little artist shops and schools and wilderness preserve. Pretty much, everything is on the 'west' side.

I have never heard of 'Laguna Audubon' but I am assuming it is the area surrounding the Aliso Wilderness Canyon. It is a nice area, but it is very much further inland and there is no direct access to the beach, you have to go around. Its basically the same as any other area in AV except that it might just have a canyon view. Hope that helps.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,631,772 times
The area near the 73/El Toro is hilly, secluded, quiet, wonderful views, winding streets and mature trees. There's a really nice park over there, Canyon View (slides):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...613889!6m1!1e1

Access to Laguna Beach is very easy.

This house is fairly representative of the homes in that general area:
49 Oak View Dr, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 | MLS# OC14133331 | Redfin

Here's a another one:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Aliso-Viej...6/home/4868100

And another:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Aliso-Viejo...6/home/5859635

Laguna Audubon is nearby and, as the name suggests, is bird-friendly with lots of mature trees. Common street names are, to no surprise, Royal Tern Lane, Blue Heron, Woodswallow Lane, etc. It's a large development containing both condos and SFRs.

Laguna Beach is a short drive away.

Laguna Audubon II

Last edited by pacific2; 07-06-2014 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 10:11 PM

As a contrast, these AV homes are in a less secluded, newer and more densely developed area at the golf course:
48 Old Mission Rd, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 | MLS# OC14106779 | Redfin

34 Rincon Way, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 | MLS# OC14118549 | Redfin

80 Summerland Cir, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656 | MLS# OC14120818 | Redfin

Old 07-07-2014, 12:43 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,049,643 times
This is an area I almost bought into, too.

Great location, but there are a few things I know now that I didn't then. That area, and surprisingly much of Aliso, despite its relative proximity to the ocean, is in a hot pocket due to the huge portion of the San Joaquin hills (upon which we all live) being shut of by tall mountains in Laguna Beach and Laguna Niguel (e.g. Temple Hill, Niguel Hill) and blocking off Aliso, creating a heat zone behind it. I know this from driving all around and comparing heat temps with a friend who commutes up the 73 daily. Right now as it is very hot, the extra 3 to 4 degrees can hurt. It isn't stiffling hot, but noticably warmer than other areas that sit the same distance from the ocean.

Also, watch out for the Mello Roos and bonds in those areas. As Pacific has told us, apparently the MR will expire -- confirm it nonetheless. Also look into the cost of the bonds that exist on the house as they are a separate charge from both MR and HOA fees.

One other thing to know is that living there will tempt you to rely on the 73 to get the 5. That is ok since it is fast and a joy to drive, but remember, it gets pricey to ride the 73 often.

All in all, it is a wise choice compared to Laguna Beach for a myriad reasons. Great schools, great shopping, etc. And you get it all right by Laguna Beach.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:43 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,286,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcellamiami View Post
Can anyone please give me information on the neighborhood that is the very west area of Laguna Beach by El Toro Road, west of the 73?

Also the "Laguna Audubon" neighborhood, which is actually Aliso Viejo?

Thank you for sharing!
The other side of El Toro road across from Audubon is Laguna Beach, That is where Club Laguna apartments 'dump' and Laguna terraces are.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:04 PM

So is that whole area where the CLub Laguna apartments are a "dump"? Even the houses nearby?

Thank you for your honesty.

Old 07-07-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
So is that whole area where the CLub Laguna apartments are a "dump"? Even the houses nearby?

Thank you for your honesty.

Check the links I provided for the homes in that area. Seriously, do they look like dumps??? People can and do say/suggest anything on the internet. That's why I tend to use data to support my assertions.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:06 PM

I am interesrted to know more about the Laguna Canyon area that is part of Laguna Beach. I want to know what the neighborhood is like around there for a family?

Houses can look very nice but neigborhood and safety is another thing. Location, location, location...

Old 07-07-2014, 07:22 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,049,643 times
Quote:
I am interesrted to know more about the Laguna Canyon area that is part of Laguna Beach. I want to know what the neighborhood is like around there for a family?

Houses can look very nice but neigborhood and safety is another thing. Location, location, location...

It is hodge podge from the Sawdust for a long way down. The area has schools, ugly homes, art galleries, rental cars, auto repair shops, art schools, and soon... homeless shelters (since Laguna Beach finds this to be a nice place to place them although I only see multitudes of homeless people downtown).

From the source listed below discussing housing for homeless and mentally ill people:

COMMUNITY RESPONSE People at the meeting, many of whom live in Laguna Canyon, generally supported the idea of the housing complex but believe the proposed site to be problematic.

Laguna Canyon residents discuss proposed homeless housing development - The Orange County Register

I think the best place to place this homeless housing, which is without a doubt a lovely idea, is in Rancho Santa Margarita, better yet, the IE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County