Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 02:29 PM

6 posts, read 8,564 times

Advertisements

Long time irvine resident, but i cant afford anything here. Been looking the last few months seriously in GG SA ANA and found a property at vantage apts on macarthur and main next to the double tree and pinnacle.

I read a lot about SA and the true answer is it depends where u are at, and it's typicaly never as bad as its made out.

I work nearby, but because im on the other side of the 55, i dont know thr direct area. Searching here i found good comments about the complex, but nothing about the area. 92707 has bad comments, but i wonder if it applies to this area.

Any comments or tribal knowledge thay only city data can add about this area? Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:50 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,458,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCbuyerAM View Post
Long time irvine resident, but i cant afford anything here. Been looking the last few months seriously in GG SA ANA and found a property at vantage apts on macarthur and main next to the double tree and pinnacle.

I read a lot about SA and the true answer is it depends where u are at, and it's typicaly never as bad as its made out.

I work nearby, but because im on the other side of the 55, i dont know thr direct area. Searching here i found good comments about the complex, but nothing about the area. 92707 has bad comments, but i wonder if it applies to this area.

Any comments or tribal knowledge thay only city data can add about this area? Thanks all!
You should be fine in this part of the 92707. It's not Irvine, but given that you're near the plaza and near some good hotels it's a step or two up from some of the rest of the zip code.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:06 PM

18 posts, read 18,745 times
I lived at "The Californian" apartments at MacArthur & Main back in the late 80's and the big problem was car theft, either getting broke into or stealing the whole car. Move up a couple of blocks to dyer and you better carry a weapon.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:12 PM

6 posts, read 8,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softailgarage View Post
I lived at "The Californian" apartments at MacArthur & Main back in the late 80's and the big problem was car theft, either getting broke into or stealing the whole car. Move up a couple of blocks to dyer and you better carry a weapon.
1980s != 2014.

That is the hard part with santa ana as a whole...lots of opinions here are from those who lived here 20-30 years ago and may not be reflective of how things are today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
You should be fine in this part of the 92707. It's not Irvine, but given that you're near the plaza and near some good hotels it's a step or two up from some of the rest of the zip code.
That is my thought too, but I wanted to make sure; I noticed that the complex doesn't have good parking inside, which means that people visiting may have to street park....and what the potential for car break-ins are...that is, is the security good enough that these things should be out of the ordinary around the plaza.

Old 09-15-2014, 07:13 PM

115 posts, read 190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCbuyerAM View Post
1980s != 2014.

That is the hard part with santa ana as a whole...lots of opinions here are from those who lived here 20-30 years ago and may not be reflective of how things are today.

That is my thought too, but I wanted to make sure; I noticed that the complex doesn't have good parking inside, which means that people visiting may have to street park....and what the potential for car break-ins are...that is, is the security good enough that these things should be out of the ordinary around the plaza.
I do not live near the area, but I did do a crime search based on Crimemapping.com. There were 4 vehicle thefts or breakin in the 3400 block of Main over the last year. There were a total of 8 in the general vicinity of Main and MacArthur.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM

7,021 posts, read 14,412,205 times
It's basically Irvine with a Santa Ana address.. probably one of the more upscale areas of Santa Ana (besides Floral Park)

Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 AM

7,826 posts, read 11,717,099 times
it's south coast metro, very safe... as others have stated, essentially can be considered the outer fringes of Irvine.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:05 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,458,136 times
And no, you should not need a gun even if you go to Dyer Rd.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,884 times
I live in 92707 two miles north on main st.This isn't the nicest area but its up and coming, the only crime i have sceen so far is drag racing. Irvine is nice and has lots to offer a criminal, where santa ana for the most part is poor and has a much bigger poverty population. So a criminal isn't going to do what they do in santa ana they will go to where the money is "I.E Irvine". So you would be doing yourself a favor moving out of that concrete jungle and saving yourself a grip of money: 0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County