Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:54 PM

93 posts, read 154,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sja1224 View Post
Thanks for all the advice. FV sounds like a good option, in addition to HB.

I'm searching <$1300 on Craigslist and Padmapper, but I barely see any listings period (like none in FV, and just a couple in HB). Is there a better place to look? Is it a bad time of year to be looking? What's the deal...
Are you kidding me about finding a place in FV for less than $1300? Even in Westminster, 1br is already in the 1400's. For $1200 you might try Anaheim or Garden Grove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 01:36 PM

12 posts, read 13,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Try Realtor.com
Realtor.com is largely useless. It's mainly just spam from big buildings that don't have actually available units. Any other ideas? Thx.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:55 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Realtor.com is largely useless. It's mainly just spam from big buildings that don't have actually available units. Any other ideas? Thx.
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried HotPads - Find Houses and Apartments for Rent with Map-based Search? Other than that, since you have already tried Craig's List and Padmapper, maybe a realtor might be of help.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried HotPads - Find Houses and Apartments for Rent with Map-based Search? Other than that, since you have already tried Craig's List and Padmapper, maybe a realtor might be of help.
I'll try HotPads -- I haven't tried it.

Do realtors even do rentals in anywhere in the country besides NYC, and how do they get compensated if they do?

Edit: I'm looking at HotPads now and it seems totally useless. It's just spam listings large apartment buildings without regard to whether there are actually vacancies.

Old 09-30-2014, 02:54 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Try Anaheim, Gallery Apartments

Old 09-30-2014, 05:20 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. FV sounds like a good option, in addition to HB.

I'm searching <$1300 on Craigslist and Padmapper, but I barely see any listings period (like none in FV, and just a couple in HB). Is there a better place to look? Is it a bad time of year to be looking? What's the deal...

I know a lot of townhouses in FV are built with a MIL quarters above the garage. It's like a studio apartment usually a one rent covers utilities etc. Either LL or other tenants in the main house. Rents in those run about 850-1k. Some people advertise them online others just put the ad on the main entrance announcement board to the complex.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
Try Anaheim, Gallery Apartments
They don't have anything relevant, but is this part of Anaheim any good and is it worth looking at other places here? I'm much more familiar with the coast than Anaheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I know a lot of townhouses in FV are built with a MIL quarters above the garage. It's like a studio apartment usually a one rent covers utilities etc. Either LL or other tenants in the main house. Rents in those run about 850-1k. Some people advertise them online others just put the ad on the main entrance announcement board to the complex.
Not really looking for a MIL and I can definitely afford more than that; I want a true 1BR with a full kitchen.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:05 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:
Not really looking for a MIL and I can definitely afford more than that; I want a true 1BR with a full kitchen.
You'll probably have to increase your budget if you want a nice place.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You'll probably have to increase your budget if you want a nice place.
I have already, since I first posted. I'm already searching for up to $1400. I'd rather pay around $1250-1300, though.

I don't need a nice place. I just want a safe/quiet/non-ghetto area, and a place that's not in dumpy condition.

I'm still seeing basically no listings whatsoever -- focusing on HB, FV, SB and Los Al. Seems like there are very few 1BR apts out there, but I don't know.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:04 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
[quote=sja1224;36700990]They don't have anything relevant, but is this part of Anaheim any good and is it worth looking at other places here? I'm much more familiar with the coast than Anaheim.

the apartment is beside a park so you can have ur jogging w/o riding a car to go jogging/walking, walking distance to Anaheim Plaza, post office and the area is between the I-5 and 91.

not so much of a nightlife but Fullerton is just 5 blocks away, same distance with Disney

the area is generally peaceful in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County