Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 10:52 AM

3 posts, read 3,948 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

We are moving from Texas to OC early next year and I've been trying to research apartments/condos that will fit our needs ahead of time. We have two English Bulldogs and two cats but are looking to find new homes for the cats since (almost no) property allows more than two pets. I really want to be close to the beach, within 5 mins or so, and would like to stay below around $2100 a month with fees. Keeping that in mind i've found a few places in the area that seem like they are nice fits. If anyone can give any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. We are a couple in our mid 30s who visit friends in Stanton regularly. On my last trip during the summer I went into the ocean for the first time in Laguna Beach then went on a snorkel tour of La Jolla cove and wow I'm hooked on the ocean!!! Easy daily access to the water for swimming/Bodyboarding is my #1 goal, being able to hop on PCH and go check out tide pools ect will also be amazing. The position that I am taking is home based, i'll be servicing clients in Orange and LA counties (company pays miles) so it doesn't really matter what city we actually end up in.

eaves Huntington Beach
6700 Warner Avenue, 92647, CA 92647
Seems to be the most bang for the buck, we can rent a 1000sp 2 bedroom here and its only 5 mins from the beach. I've messaged a yelp user who left a good review for them and unfortunatly she says they have had some issues with break ins as of late, that is certainly not something I want to be stressing over while I am away. My girlfriend works at home and I don't want to move somewhere that I will have to worry about her taking the dogs out and ect while I am at the office. Waher/Drier in unit.

Eaves Seal Beach
333 1st St. Seal Beach, CA 90740
Smaller and more expensive. 5 min walk to the beach instead of 5 min drive. Area seems much nicer, crime data shows almost none. Is the area and access to the beach worth the extra money? We would be renting a 730sf one bedroom place for the same price (actually a little more) than we'd pay for a 2 bedroom thats 1000sf or close to it at the other properties. Shared Laundry

Camden Sea Palms
1850 whittier ave costa mesa ca 92627
Close to both Newport and Huntington beaches this was actually #1 on our list until I saw the crime data for Costa Mesa. Unless I get strong feedback stating otherwise it seems that costa mesa is a rough area to live. This was a bit surprising to me because the Camden Sea Palms apartments themselves are very highly rated. Shared Laundry

Does anyone have any suggestions that they might be able to offer?

Last edited by Manley333; 09-23-2014 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 AM

117 posts, read 238,234 times
I would go for the Costa Mesa one because you will be closer to newport beach and the more upscale parts of orange county. I lived in Costa Mesa when I was in college. I'd never felt unsafe walking down the street even in the areas close to the DMV which is supposedly the worst part of Costa mesa. Personally I like Costa Mesa more than Huntington Beach and Seal Beach.

Hunting beach is a hit and miss. And the middle part of Hunting beach is no better than Costa Mesa in turns of crime.

Seal Beach is safe but I find it boring and far away from south orange county shopping and restaurants. You will end up going to Long Beach for most of your activities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County