Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 12:27 PM

578 posts, read 1,294,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Blah, blah, blah... another wingnut post. Grab your tin foil hat and get back to Glen Beck and Fox Spews! This isn't a political nut bag thread.
Once the name calling starts, the well has been poisoned...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2014, 12:57 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,800,406 times
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah... another wingnut post. Grab your tin foil hat and get back to Glen Beck and Fox Spews! This isn't a political nut bag thread.
That's a good Demuist troll. This thread very much *is* political, or did you bother to read the title.

Now go fellate--well, Hugo Chavez is dead, and Fidel is no longer robust, so who are you Commiecrats politically fellating nowadays?

Old 11-21-2014, 03:57 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Man that aluminum foil hat I made out of foil I picked up at Gelson's looks great on me, doesn't it? I don't look as angry in real life; happy go lucky here.

I always sport my G-shock.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:02 PM

3,271 posts, read 3,930,978 times
I won't even drive in the left lane on freeway

Damn liberals !!

Old 11-21-2014, 06:54 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickB1967 View Post
Thank you, troll. If anyone is "racist", it is the Commiecrats with their designs to exonerate all "gentle giant" thugs to prey on us (And those predations are NEVER called "hate crimes", even though they blatantly are).

The Commiecrats also seek to import a larger illegal alien lumpenproletariat which they will eventually legalize.

They also arm said illegal alien cartel thugs, while trying to *disarm* us.

As for "Anti-science", anyone who can't see through the "globull warming" con game by now, designed to take away the proles' freedom and mobility, are useless dupes for the Demunists anyway.

But let's assume that you are not aTroll, and you are serious about your desire to purge those elements of the GOP coalition that embarrass your sensibilities.

Let me ask you: What was the single biggest political movement lately, the movement the kicked the Commiecrats out of controlling the House, and now the Senate?

It was the much-maligned (by you), politically incorrect Tea Party, which energized fully one third of the American electorate, even across party lines a little bit. About 60 percent were energized Republicans, 20 percent were convert Independents and 20 percent were convery or disaffected Democrats. Long before the Tea Party, we had another name for that phenomenon. We used to call it the "Reagan Coalition." But in 2012, those of you who tell us "we need a bigger tent" told the Tea Party to get out. And many did. And so the Obamunist was re-elected.

Who brought a tidal wave of young people into the party? It was the much maligned and politically incorrect Ron Paul, whose simple message of unadulterated freedom resonated deeply on college campuses. Eight thousand UC Berkeley students turned out in 2012 to hear that message. But that 2012 year, those who tell us "we need a bigger tent" told Ron Paul and his supporters to get out. And they did. In fact, many of their votes went to Obamugabe.

While Ron Paul's positions on foreign policy are admittedly crackpot, I respect his and his followers desire to cut the federal bureacracy down to size, and will at least try to find common ground with them on that significant issue.

"We've got to kick the religious right out of the party," so you say? The last time the GOP did that was in 1976, and the "religious right" of the day voted for *Jimmy Carter*, the second worst president in recent history after this Obamunist one.

My point is, you cannot build a majority by systematically ejecting the constituent parts of that coalition. You build a majority by adding to that coalition by taking your principles to new constituencies.

Working Americans of every race know instinctively that you cannot borrow and spend your way rich. We need to appeal to them.

Legal Immigrants, largely Asian American, came to this country to escape the stultifying central planning and corrupt bureaucracies that ravaged their economies. We need to appeal to them.

For the first time in our history, young people face a bleaker future than their parents enjoyed. We need to appeal to them.

The very groups of voters most damaged by Obamunist policies are those who voted for Obamao - we need to appeal to them.

Unfortunately, we need to recognize that a large portion of our population is not familiar with the self-evident truths of the American Founding and has no compass with which to follow back to the prosperity, happiness and fulfillment that is the hallmark of free societies. These are the people who vote for Obamarx because they will get subsidized birth control and cell phones.

We have to hold strong to principles and patiently explain to those "Birth control and cell phone" people that a Party that promises free stuff all the time is a con game and a trap, from a minimum wage law that only leads to inflation which eliminates any gains made by that wage hike, to a subsidized Obamunist health care plan that ends up having to be rationed.

Without that clarion call - without a party of freedom willing to paint real GOP positions in bold colors - I am afraid that as the economy suffocates under the avalanche of government burdens, intrusions, restrictions, regulations and edicts, people in their growing despair, will increasingly turn to the false hope that paternalistic government offers.

So the Demunist Commiecrats choke off the economy, then promise giveaways to offset the choking *they* caused, and meanwhile the GOP is infighting. Sad.
You have serious issues.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:48 PM

451 posts, read 1,324,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felinius View Post
As a Korean, I don't think it has to do with being anti-Communist but perhaps voting among religious lines or just voting for familiarity (look at our countries -- they're pretty dang homogenous). She doesn't seem to have any real views or anything findable online without digging, so it probably was the latter of the two.
Okay, I stand corrected. I think older, first generation immigrate Koreans tend to be overall pretty conservative. Which is drawing back to the original point of why I am not surprised there are Republican Asian women in Orange County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County