Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post
It's a veritable Garden of Eden for people that have families though. It's not really an overstatement to say it could possibly be the best place in the entire western hemisphere to raise children.
LOL @ this arrogance.

Sure if you want your kids to live in a bubble of isolation with no realistic relationship to the rest of the western hemisphere. You'll raise kids that think Santa Ana is the definition of a "ghetto" LOL.

Having kids in Irvine is like raising children on a yacht... out in the middle of the sea. I hope you at least stir the yacht into LA to get a dose of reality for your kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent from norcal View Post
I wish OC would have followed Venturas lead and preserved the agricultural heritage a bit better, or at least more like SD county building to preserve the natural landscape and small towns (like Julian) instead we have created monstrosities like Talega.
In fact, Orange County has a lot of land preserved. In exchange for development, the O'Neils have preserved vast areas in South County.

Old 05-28-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
San Diego didn't preserve anything. The only reason you think they did is because it's impossible to build vertically on a side of a hill.
Well, to be fair, leaving aside the obvious Balboa Park, there is Torrey Pines.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:31 PM

66 posts, read 85,926 times
They should have left some legacy Orange Groves, and not little patches that folks keep for a tax exemption but at least one real grove.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM

49 posts, read 68,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
LOL @ this arrogance.

Sure if you want your kids to live in a bubble of isolation with no realistic relationship to the rest of the western hemisphere. You'll raise kids that think Santa Ana is the definition of a "ghetto" LOL.

Having kids in Irvine is like raising children on a yacht... out in the middle of the sea. I hope you at least stir the yacht into LA to get a dose of reality for your kids.
You mean Santa Ana is not the ghetto ? I've been living under a rock this whole time. I gotta get out to the mean streets of San Juan Capistrano!

Old 05-28-2015, 03:55 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,075,941 times
People only move to Texas because its cheap there and you don't pay state tax. Instead they leach off the Fed Govt to pay for school, social programs, roads, etc etc.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
LOL @ this arrogance.
Not really. Raising kids in Irvine is a good choice. There are good schools and safe neighborhoods. No, it is not arrogant on the part of parents, but rather shows their sacrifice.

Quote:
Irvine is not Lancaster. Irvine is centrally located and I am sure kids raised there will spend time elsewhere. As for being separate from the rest of the hemisphere, that is ridiculous.

Quote:
Irvine is not isolated.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:40 PM

Sounds to me like someone has Irvine Envy. "dose of reality", really? I thought Irvine was real. I guess a safe, family friendly neighborhood with good schools is too good to be true, lol. Gotta throw in some thugs to keep it real. I like the yacht comment, Irvine does feel luxurious.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:34 PM

347 posts, read 666,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Troll View Post
Sounds to me like someone has Irvine Envy. "dose of reality"
Irvine is a great place for a family, but lets be real here... kids will grow up just like all you folks, sheltered from the real world believing Santa Ana is a ghetto.

Well.... actually... up until they are college students because then they hang out in Santa Ana all the time. hahahahaha.

Old 05-29-2015, 10:17 AM

Thats ok by me, I'd rather have my family sheltered than exposed or worse, harmed by the so called "real world". Not sure what the benefit is to keeping it real. We'll just stay in Irvine and live out our dream. Schools are challenging here, so they'll get a good education, follow their peers and strive for a good college, get into a good profession and find a place like Irvine to live if not moving back to Irvine so that their family continues to live a "sheltered life".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County