U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 06:04 PM

3 posts, read 8,286 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving to Anaheim and looking for an apartment to stay in Anaheim. I found couple of apartments around E Ball road (92806). Can anyone suggest about the neighborhood in this area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 06:28 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,990,493 times
Not good. One of the highest crime areas in Anaheim, see the map below.

Anaheim crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

Old 08-07-2015, 06:45 PM

22,165 posts, read 25,392,963 times
Not so good. Crappy area

Old 08-07-2015, 10:28 PM

thanks for the response. how about E Wagner Ave / S Clarence St neighborhood of Anaheim?

Old 08-08-2015, 02:42 AM

426 posts, read 342,244 times
You should be asking if there is a safe area in Anaheim. The trick is to find a apartment in a residential area.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:54 AM

13 posts, read 16,843 times
A couple of my friends live near Katella High School (Wagner Ave) and I think we would describe that area as more quiet and safe. Granted, they live in houses in a more high income neighborhood, but I think the further east past Sunkist you go the safer it will be, as it is right next to Orange and Anaheim Hills. In my experience that's as good as you're gonna get for living within Anaheim city limits (not including Anaheim Hills). Maybe look around near State College/Katella? There's a lot of development going on there, and it's a lot nicer area than most of Anaheim.

However, unless you're getting hard facts about criminal activity in the area (like the map from the site dexter posted earlier), answers you get from here, mine included, will be anecdotal at best. Take everyone's story with a grain of salt, as their experiences do not necessarily represent the experiences of everyone else who lives there (especially apartment vs house conditions). Your best bet is to look around for sites that give you statistics about the different areas.

Check out this site and go down to the map; it colors individual areas by income, median house value, etc. I think the info's a bit outdated though

**I'm strictly speaking about property crimes above, since that's gonna be your biggest concern here, IMO. I think if you walk around at night you'll see a lot of drunk homeless guys along State College (harmless really), but there's no visible gang violence or anything. Anaheim is pretty safe in that regard

Old 08-08-2015, 10:55 AM

1,961 posts, read 3,870,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaramu View Post
Hello, I am moving to Anaheim and looking for an apartment to stay in Anaheim. I found couple of apartments around E Ball road (92806). Can anyone suggest about the neighborhood in this area?
Look downtown and west as well. Lived downtown for a few years and had a really good deal in a relatively safe area. (that would be zip code 92805, though that includes a wide swath of not so good and better).

92804 is the southwest side.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:58 AM

1,961 posts, read 3,870,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaramu View Post
The 92806 is by no means all bad, either. However, as a previous poster said, it's better to find an apartment that is in an actual residential neighborhood, rather than right on one of the city's main "drags" (a freeway offramp, even!)

Old 08-08-2015, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the response folks...

Old 08-11-2015, 03:05 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,474,865 times
try the Gallery Apartments along W North St, 92801. you wont regret. lived there for 8 years. its beside a park and used to walk in the park even at 9pm with only the teenagers playing at the basketball court.

our car was vandalized though when we were new. I think it was a case of envy. me and my neighbor are Filipinos and were both new immigrants so naturally we got brand new cars. both our cars were vandalized, they were park beside each other.

don't worry about those vandals..we outlasted them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County