U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,072,533 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to LA area. One of the places I am looking into is Fullerton specifically Fisler Elementary boundaries. What are the pro and cons of that area? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 07:48 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,788,100 times
Amerige Heights is a great area of Fullerton. Pros are highly rated schools, close to shopping, relatively close to downtown and good freeway access (5/91). If you looking at the newer construction homes in the area (built in the early 2000s and beyond), you'll have to deal with HOAs and mello roos taxes.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:45 AM

347 posts, read 530,952 times
Two thumbs up.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:14 PM

4 posts, read 6,311 times
I lived in fullerton went to fisler middle school, but i dont want to recommend living here especially around sunny hills high area. Education being high? No no both fisler and sunny hills have weak education systems especially sunny hills.
All the kids moved into sunny hills from fisler did not go to good universities, most of them end up doing drugs/smoke/weed. Trust me there are bunch of asian thugs in this area, driving cars fast make fun of people walking by. Why move to fullerton? Irvine seems to have clean/ great education systems

Old 09-24-2015, 06:40 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,072,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsong32 View Post
I lived in fullerton went to fisler middle school, but i dont want to recommend living here especially around sunny hills high area. Education being high? No no both fisler and sunny hills have weak education systems especially sunny hills.
All the kids moved into sunny hills from fisler did not go to good universities, most of them end up doing drugs/smoke/weed. Trust me there are bunch of asian thugs in this area, driving cars fast make fun of people walking by. Why move to fullerton? Irvine seems to have clean/ great education systems
Reason we looked at Fisler is because of their high test scores. Both Sunny Hills and Fisler have greatschools ranking of 10.

Irvine is too far from job location.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:57 PM

384 posts, read 467,551 times
Cerritos and La Palma schools are decent

Old 09-24-2015, 11:54 PM

96 posts, read 125,031 times
Quote:
Asian thugs in Fullerton? Maybe some spoiled brats but hardly thugs in a sense of gansters.

Old 09-25-2015, 04:05 PM

312 posts, read 507,602 times
Quote:

How good are Irvine and Woodbury HS compared with Sunny Hills?
How good is Arnold Beckman HS>

Old 09-25-2015, 04:51 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,788,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizzer25 View Post
How good are Irvine and Woodbury HS compared with Sunny Hills?
How good is Arnold Beckman HS>
If you're strictly talking about API scores:

1. Sunny Hills - 888
2. Beckman - 886
3. Irvine - 877 & Woodbridge - 877

There is no Woodbury High School. Irvine HS is assigned to residents of Woodbury.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:42 PM

312 posts, read 507,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Van Fossen View Post
If you're strictly talking about API scores:

1. Sunny Hills - 888
2. Beckman - 886
3. Irvine - 877 & Woodbridge - 877

There is no Woodbury High School. Irvine HS is assigned to residents of Woodbury.
Thanks.

I meant Woodbridge HS.

Apart from API scores, is there a difference in terms of students going to top colleges from these 3 schools?
Sunny Hills, Irvine, Woodbridge and Beckman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or