Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 04:21 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,104,272 times

Advertisements

WonderCon will go back to Anaheim in 2017, but L.A. wants back for 2019 - LA Times

It is no secret that Anaheim is developing like crazy to accommodate ComicCon. With WonderCon returning to Anaheim from LA, what are Anaheim's chances of stealing ComicCon (and all that revenue)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 03:34 PM

3,843 posts, read 4,509,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
WonderCon will go back to Anaheim in 2017, but L.A. wants back for 2019 - LA Times

It is no secret that Anaheim is developing like crazy to accommodate ComicCon. With WonderCon returning to Anaheim from LA, what are Anaheim's chances of stealing ComicCon (and all that revenue)?
We went to Wondercon yesterday, and I definitely prefer the Anaheim venue.
As far as Comicon leaving San Diego... hmmm... there were plans to expand the convention center there, but I'm not sure if that's going to become a reality. Also, I'm so used to Comicon in San Diejo! I lived there for a few years during high school in the 70's. My nerdy friends dragged me to this "Comicon" thing in the basement of some old downtown hotel! I seem to remember going to a few Star Trek panels and looking at stacks of comic books on folding tables. It sure has come a long way!

Geesh! I'm old!

Edit: found an old pic online that looks pretty familiar!
http://www.comicconmemories.com/wp-c...73-Env-B15.jpg

Old 03-27-2016, 08:36 PM

384 posts, read 731,421 times
Anaheim is not capable of holding Comic Con. They need to hold 130,000+,... not 60,000

Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
Anaheim is not capable of holding Comic Con. They need to hold 130,000+,... not 60,000
Hotels are sprouting like mushrooms.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
We went to Wondercon yesterday, and I definitely prefer the Anaheim venue.
As far as Comicon leaving San Diego... hmmm... there were plans to expand the convention center there, but I'm not sure if that's going to become a reality. Also, I'm so used to Comicon in San Diejo! I lived there for a few years during high school in the 70's. My nerdy friends dragged me to this "Comicon" thing in the basement of some old downtown hotel! I seem to remember going to a few Star Trek panels and looking at stacks of comic books on folding tables. It sure has come a long way!

Geesh! I'm old!

Edit: found an old pic online that looks pretty familiar!
http://www.comicconmemories.com/wp-c...73-Env-B15.jpg
Nah, not old

San Diego cannot afford to expand their convention center whereas Anaheim's is already huge.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:32 PM

662 posts, read 1,278,126 times
LA is going for a comic-con grab too. But I think part of the CC experience is the city of San Diego. The organizers owe a lot of it’s success to San Diego for the current popularity of the event. The city just seems built for CC.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:05 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,575,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran103 View Post
LA is going for a comic-con grab too. But I think part of the CC experience is the city of San Diego. The organizers owe a lot of it’s success to San Diego for the current popularity of the event. The city just seems built for CC.
I agree. It would be weird if it left San Diego but L.A. wants it. I think many would be upset about it.

The Anime Expo is in Los Angles, I have two kids that will be attending that one. I wonder if that will move as well? I doubt it. These cons bring in good money.

I guess the WonderCon will be in Anaheim next year because of a date issue. L.A. Con Center wants it back and is willing to make sure they get the dates they want after that. It's looking like a "con-war" people. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County