Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2016, 09:45 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times

Advertisements

They are building 1,200 new houses on Chapman and Jamboree (thanks Irvine co).. I have a condo a few miles away and have no idea what it will do to my property value. I do know it will increase traffic on a already clogged Chapman ave. I wonder if I should sell it quickly... Thanks in advance for opinions and advise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 10:21 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,169,536 times
There's no general rule to this and the outcome in your situation would be hard to predict. Any number of things could happen in the market that would affect your home's value, either way, before the first phase of that project is released in the Fall of 2017.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:24 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
They are building 1,200 new houses on Chapman and Jamboree (thanks Irvine co).. I have a condo a few miles away and have no idea what it will do to my property value. I do know it will increase traffic on a already clogged Chapman ave. I wonder if I should sell it quickly... Thanks in advance for opinions and advise
Being a few miles away, it likely will have no effect on your property. Now traffic is another issue.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM

387 posts, read 511,725 times
I welcome all this new devlopement in Orange County, especially the southern part of the county. You guys can't maintain your paradise forever. It's not fair to not share. Let others move in to and enchance your experience.

If you want peace and quiet , move out to Barstow or Bakersfield..

Old 04-07-2016, 08:34 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Buildings View Post
I welcome all this new devlopement in Orange County, especially the southern part of the county. You guys can't maintain your paradise forever. It's not fair to not share. Let others move in to and enchance your experience.
We don't need any enhancement or enrichment here.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:47 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:

Why should south OC have to sacrifice their lifestyle? They bought and didn't ask for additional people. In my area they built a few big apartment buildings but nobody widened the streets. So streets are freaking crowded now. I'm lucky I go to work early and get home 3:30 or so but not always. Sometimes I'm in a 2 hr freeway commute then I get off the freeway and have another 15 minutes to get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
We don't need any enhancement or enrichment here.

Yeah well......unfortunately you'll probably get some wether you like it or not. But it depends how building/expanding crazy your city council is.

But imo new housing development does increase your house price slightly as long as it can be considered a comp.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:22 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times
Quote:

Since you said you live in Rancho Cucamonga, wouldn't it make more sense for you to put your efforts into helping turn that area into a "paradise," instead of wishing a pox upon the South OC "house?"

Old 04-10-2016, 02:57 PM

156 posts, read 317,787 times
May I ask who's the builder and the area name of Chapman and Jamboree please?

Thank you,

Old 04-10-2016, 04:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Let me google that for you

Old 04-10-2016, 04:29 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
All I know so far is this is a Irvine co land project. Thanks for the helpful responses I still plan on selling and moving out of state but now not panicking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County