Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 10:05 PM

347 posts, read 666,862 times

Advertisements

Since when did this thread turn into KCAL 9 news at 9?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 08:11 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Since when did this thread turn into KCAL 9 news at 9?
At 9

Old 05-16-2016, 01:28 AM

285 posts, read 377,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I'm not sure I agree. Fewer crimes are indeed reported but cities have engaged in chicanery with respect to how they classify crimes in an effort to show your vaunted lowering of crime. Additionally, due to rampant witness
intimidation all over, far fewer charges are levied against criminals, and the resultant drop in crime can be celebrated. We are increasingly resembling a Banana Republic.

Are you a statistician? Random you say? As for your crying a river, there are people who are victims of crime who are indeed crying.

By urban cities you are no doubt referring to your favorite city, which you've repeatedly described as the only urban city in OC. Well, perhaps you've missed the news on all the Santa Ana crime. One last thing: crime increases are all over and not just in the so-called urban areas.
Palm springs, has seen a huge spike in property crime, so many folks move to Vegas and Scottsdale.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:48 PM

285 posts, read 377,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
Palm springs, has seen a huge spike in property crime, so many folks move to Vegas and Scottsdale.
And, back to Orange County !

Old 05-17-2016, 02:08 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Two arrested after trying to use fake credit card at Irvine restaurant

Two arrested after trying to use fake credit card at Irvine restaurant - The Orange County Register

After reading these my city of Irvine seems to have

people caught with fake credit cards and identity theft

people busted for selling pills.

a few violent crimes but not much compared.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:35 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Considering almost every other city in CA is an illegal alien sanctuary with Santa Ana being the illegal alien capital of the United States, what did people expect was going to happen in OC? You can't let a cat in a cage with a canary and then complain that the cat ate the bird.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 PM

347 posts, read 666,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Considering almost every other city in CA is an illegal alien sanctuary with Santa Ana being the illegal alien capital of the United States, what did people expect was going to happen in OC? You can't let a cat in a cage with a canary and then complain that the cat ate the bird.
you sound like my old bitter grandpa. poor you

Old 05-23-2016, 12:15 PM

Angry Costa Mesa please level those ghetto motels

Pair robbed in hotel room at knifepoint in Costa Mesa

Two men forced themselves into a hotel room in Costa Mesa and demanded money from the guests at knifepoint early Monday morning, police said.

Shortly before 4 a.m. officers responded to a robbery call at the Ramada hotel on 1680 Superior Ave., said Costa Mesa police Sgt. Matt Selinske.

Two men wearing hooded sweatshirts knocked on a hotel room door and forced themselves inside when the guests opened up, police said.

Pair robbed in hotel room at knifepoint in Costa Mesa - The Orange County Register

Old 05-23-2016, 07:47 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Pair robbed in hotel room at knifepoint in Costa Mesa

Two men forced themselves into a hotel room in Costa Mesa and demanded money from the guests at knifepoint early Monday morning, police said.

Shortly before 4 a.m. officers responded to a robbery call at the Ramada hotel on 1680 Superior Ave., said Costa Mesa police Sgt. Matt Selinske.

Two men wearing hooded sweatshirts knocked on a hotel room door and forced themselves inside when the guests opened up, police said.

Pair robbed in hotel room at knifepoint in Costa Mesa - The Orange County Register
It just keeps getting better and better. I wanted to move to Costa Mesa when I first came to OC. I am sad to say I am glad I didn't.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:20 PM

Default We need more cops and more cooperation between police agencies

I have never in my life heard of people being robbed at gun point by UCI

Authorities say Benbrook instructed the student to walk to a nearby ATM and withdraw cash. After taking the money, the man released his victim and fled, police said.

About 15 minutes later, a motorist was waiting for a tow truck near Culver and University drives after his vehicle broke down. Police say Benbrook pulled up behind the motorist, talked to him and lured him back to his vehicle, where he brandished a firearm from the glove box.

Benbrook reportedly stole the second victim’s wallet, his cell phone and fled in a red sedan, police said.

Updated: Man arrested after UCI robberies may be suspect in Fullerton crime - The Orange County Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County