Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:28 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripGurl View Post
CaliRestoration bless your heart honey but no it's a CA thing. It's been over 5 years since I had a date here back home it's just not like this. Men are more open minded there and don't judge so harshly the way they do here. I have run into that back home in the DMV but again there's just more inventory of available men willing to date a black woman with kids.
Thanks for the blessing.

I'm not sure how you can say "dating a single mom is an obstacle for single men" is only a "CA thing".

Are you saying dating single moms (compared to dating single non-moms) holds no stigma at all anywhere else in the nation, the world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 10:43 AM

296 posts, read 625,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
My condolences.
thanks

Old 07-29-2016, 11:27 AM

129 posts, read 164,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Thanks for the blessing.

I'm not sure how you can say "dating a single mom is an obstacle for single men" is only a "CA thing".

Are you saying dating single moms (compared to dating single non-moms) holds no stigma at all anywhere else in the nation, the world?

Well, I can't speak for RTG, but I'm from the East Coast as well, and I think what she's saying is that even in SPITE of having a child, she had better success on the east coast with men, probably because the stigma isn't as dire as it is out here.

I kind of sense what she's talking about. Even though I don't have any kids, there's a definite difference in the men out here...or, at least in the OC area. I can't speak for all of SoCal.

It's not just about kids, it's about...everything in general. Almost like some people are looking for perfection out here, while that same type of pressure (to be perfect or have a certain look or "status") is just not AS prevalent over on the East Coast. Don't get me wrong, there are other pressures out there that don't exist here in Southern CA, but when it comes to dating and relationships, the mentality is much different out here.

I had a gf back home who had a baby out of wedlock (at the time we were both in our mid-late 20's), and she ended up finding a really GOOD upstanding, nice, guy who had never been married before, never had any kids, but dated her and proposed marriage to her...even DESPITE her having a child. He didn't seem to mind at all...and he was in his 20's himself!

I know others like this as well. Southern CA/OC is just very very DIFFERENT lol.. That's the only best way I can describe it . You don't recognize the difference, until you go visit elsewhere, or move and live somewhere else.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:54 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_View View Post
[/b]

Well, I can't speak for RTG, but I'm from the East Coast as well, and I think what she's saying is that even in SPITE of having a child, she had better success on the east coast with men, probably because the stigma isn't as dire as it is out here.

I kind of sense what she's talking about. Even though I don't have any kids, there's a definite difference in the men out here...or, at least in the OC area. I can't speak for all of SoCal.

It's not just about kids, it's about...everything in general. Almost like some people are looking for perfection out here, while that same type of pressure (to be perfect or have a certain look or "status") is just not AS prevalent over on the East Coast. Don't get me wrong, there are other pressures out there that don't exist here in Southern CA, but when it comes to dating and relationships, the mentality is much different out here.

I had a gf back home who had a baby out of wedlock (at the time we were both in our mid-late 20's), and she ended up finding a really GOOD upstanding, nice, guy who had never been married before, never had any kids, but dated her and proposed marriage to her...even DESPITE her having a child. He didn't seem to mind at all...and he was in his 20's himself!

I know others like this as well. Southern CA/OC is just very very DIFFERENT lol.. That's the only best way I can describe it . You don't recognize the difference, until you go visit elsewhere, or move and live somewhere else.
South OC is primarily wealthy burbs, and with that, primarily families. So South OC isn't exactly a hot spot for singles, so I can see that making things challenging.

If you're talking Central/North OC, I'm not sure what would be "different" than the East Coast. North OC is pretty urban, and diverse.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:10 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
I once read the Riverside led the nation in single dads.

Old 07-29-2016, 02:49 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Conservative people are always going to have trouble stepping outside of the norm. Conservative guys of other races might be attracted to you, but they will have trouble because they are too concerned with what everyone else might think.
I disagree with your definition of Conservative.

To me, Conservative people are those who follow their own mind and thoughts without regard to societal mores.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:32 PM

471 posts, read 1,829,721 times
Default True dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
South OC is primarily wealthy burbs, and with that, primarily families. So South OC isn't exactly a hot spot for singles, so I can see that making things challenging.

If you're talking Central/North OC, I'm not sure what would be "different" than the East Coast. North OC is pretty urban, and diverse.
I just moved from central OC to North OC and I will admit the area is very different. Right now I am happier with the diversity in North OC. But still, Here I've observed that the men here like what they like. For example, I am a natural girl, I wear my hair very curly. I hardly get noticed. But if I wear long braids or long looking weave I get all the looks. I only wear my hair like that once in a blue moon but it just seems that guys aren't attracted to my type of look. I think somebody mentioned something to that affect early, people are attracted to the majority of what they see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County