Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 09:20 PM

41 posts, read 314,983 times

Advertisements

I do apologize, but I have a few questions about some cities that are not in Orange County, they are: Perris, Menifee, and Canyon Lake.

I posted a previous thread about moving to Mission Viejo, and I looked around and found these cities. It's not Mission Viejo, but it seems like it would be an easier transition(financially) for me and my family, considering that moving from coast to coast is a big move in itself. My question is: Does anyone know/have any information on these towns?; personal, environment, etc. I just want some opinions, that's all.

Again,
Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 09:48 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,437,098 times
Be very careful in choosing schools in those cities. Some of the schools are not well performing. I'm not saying I have personal experience with the schools, but the Inland Empire doesn't have a reputation for quality education.
Perris High School rated 4/10
Citrus Hill High School in Perris rated 5/10
This is an example of two not so good schools.

Paloma Valley High in Menifee is a 7/10 so should be ok. Just the word of advice is watch the schools in the Inland Empire because there can be really bad ones.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,761,775 times
Menifee used to be a retirement mecca when I lived there. Farming in the outlying areas and retirement communities near the freeway. Services are present, but its rather far from(or was far) civilization.

Perris was mostly a craphole when I lived in the area(Lake Matthews) about 10 years ago. Things can change obviously, but Perris was old and crappy looking then.

Canyon Lake I don't know about

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
I've heard better things about Canyon Lake than the rest. This should really be moved to the Inland Empire forum where you'll hopefully get better responses. Since you previously asked about Mission Viejo, I hope your work isn't in Orange County. The commute into OC every day is a killer.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 PM

158 posts, read 581,899 times
Default Go with Canyon Lake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug25 View Post
I do apologize, but I have a few questions about some cities that are not in Orange County, they are: Perris, Menifee, and Canyon Lake.

I posted a previous thread about moving to Mission Viejo, and I looked around and found these cities. It's not Mission Viejo, but it seems like it would be an easier transition(financially) for me and my family, considering that moving from coast to coast is a big move in itself. My question is: Does anyone know/have any information on these towns?; personal, environment, etc. I just want some opinions, that's all.

Again,
Thank You.
Canyon Lake is very nice & much more affordable than Mission Viejo. It has lots of rolling hills and golf courses. The lake is really nice to boat on, we've done that several times. Plenty of restaurants and shoping. It is South of Lake Elsinore on the I-15 FWY. Our tax guy works there - he's also great!

Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 PM

70 posts, read 280,207 times
Generally, Chino Hills is about as good as it gets for the Inland Empire. Although there are many new neighborhoods, many are overcrowded, and the schools are not that great (which is reflecting in their overall housing downturn). Only consider Chino Hills, otherwise Huntington Beach is reasonably priced as is Irvine for middle income families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County