Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:25 AM

619 posts, read 2,168,087 times

Advertisements

anaheim hills is NO better than corona...just as hot and just as far away from everything...green river in corona is 5 miles from weir canyon and prices are 35% less on average...IMHO anaheim hills and yorba linda are overated.
5 miles means 5 min more driving east to green river..in traffic max 10 min...and for that some ppl would pay 300k more for the same house....300k means at least $2100 a month more for the same house...no wonder some ppl work all their lifes just to look good on paper.
BTW technically 92807 and 92808 are anaheim hills.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:08 AM

330 posts, read 1,314,154 times
Smile Anahim Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proflover View Post
FYI, there is no city of Anaheim Hills. Those so called "non pretentious" people in East Anaheim that live at a slightly higher altitude then those lower, think they have a seperate city but in reality do not.
If I remember correctly, Anaheim Hills is now a city. They voted and annxed off from Anaheim. The population was high enough to charter a different city. But, it is not listed as a city on city-data. So, I am not exactly sure.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:22 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
5 miles means 5 min more driving east to green river..in traffic max 10 min
are you kidding me? have you ever done that drive before? imperial hwy to green river can take as long as an hour in traffic! even weir cyn to green river can take well over 30 minutes during the evening commuting hours. i used to live off of green river and spend much of my time in OC, traffic on the 91 in that area is an absolute joke, possibly worse than the 405 in west LA (and that is saying something!). even getting on and off of the freeway in corona is a chore.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
are you kidding me? have you ever done that drive before? imperial hwy to green river can take as long as an hour in traffic! even weir cyn to green river can take well over 30 minutes during the evening commuting hours. i used to live off of green river and spend much of my time in OC, traffic on the 91 in that area is an absolute joke, possibly worse than the 405 in west LA (and that is saying something!). even getting on and off of the freeway in corona is a chore.
unless there`s an accident there`s no way it takes 30 min from weir canyon to green river...bumper o bumper traffic is max 10-15 min...and yes i took that drive numerous times!...you still wanna pay 300k more for the same house?

Old 08-22-2008, 03:21 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
Yes, I have been stuck in traffic on the toll road and to get to Green River can easily be another 30 minutes to an hour in traffic. I agree that I think it's far worse than the 405, and that's saying something.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:55 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
unless there`s an accident there`s no way it takes 30 min from weir canyon to green river...bumper o bumper traffic is max 10-15 min...and yes i took that drive numerous times!...you still wanna pay 300k more for the same house?
i am still not buying your commute times. but back to your question, i would definitely live in anaheim hills over corona if i could afford it. i think that is the situation out there, i think almost everyone in corona (atleast those that work in OC, which is quite a few) would prefer anaheim hills any day of the week, they just can't afford it. corona really offers nothing except a busy freeway interchange that takes you to the places you want to go since there is hardly anything to do in corona. even the main shopping center in corona is at the most southern border, creating a minimum 15 minute drive for anyone who lives close to the 91.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
i am still not buying your commute times. but back to your question, i would definitely live in anaheim hills over corona if i could afford it. i think that is the situation out there, i think almost everyone in corona (atleast those that work in OC, which is quite a few) would prefer anaheim hills any day of the week, they just can't afford it. corona really offers nothing except a busy freeway interchange that takes you to the places you want to go since there is hardly anything to do in corona. even the main shopping center in corona is at the most southern border, creating a minimum 15 minute drive for anyone who lives close to the 91.
so...you still wanna pay 300k more for the same house?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
I think it's worth it to pay more to relocate out of Corona, but I don't necessarily think it would be Anaheim Hills. Villa Park, sure, even Tustin Ranch, since it's just so much more convenient not having to deal with the 91 at all. I used to travel out to Corona quite frequently from Irvine for work (remote office in Corona), and some days it was absolute hell on earth to get out there and back, and that was using the toll road as opposed to the 55. That's why I wouldn't pay the extra for Anaheim Hills, though I know a couple of people who do.

There are some newer houses in Corona, however, that are on par with OC offerings, and I can see the value added as a trade-off for being a little further from shops and having to put up with more traffic if one wants a better housing dollar value.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:20 AM

330 posts, read 1,314,154 times
Question OC Crunch

Quote:
How about the freeway commute from Yorba Linda to Irvine M-F morning. Is that a joke? A chore? Is it the OC crunch? What do you think?

Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
How about the freeway commute from Yorba Linda to Irvine M-F morning. Is that a joke? A chore? Is it the OC crunch? What do you think?
with the toll way, it's a breeze. A little costly, but it's fast, until you return home, the toll way slows way down as you approach and enter the 91.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County