Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2016, 06:36 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccabees_ View Post
LOL, people are leaving CA for financial reasons. BUT why are people leaving TX, AZ, and all the other poor red states to come to CA? Makes NO sense. Why move from a RED state with "low" taxes and property that cost half as much to come and live in a Liberal Wonderland?

Why? EZ.

Failures leave CA.

People who make it big upgrade and leave their sh8tbox to come to CA. For a better life.
You are clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 11:52 AM

36 posts, read 48,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
I think from orange county down to LA Jolla is a great place for a young person such as myself, from a declining Democrat run slum such as Phoenix, to move to and be among other goal oriented young people, and go back to college. I'm not concerned about buying just yet, but I do agree that California will have another housing crash, it has had several since the 1980s if you read the book chapter on California in the book Regulatory Takings, by Dartmouth professor of land economics William Fischel.

I understand that folks move from Orange County to Gilbert, AZ. Well I live in Deer Valley, AZ, and in both of these places, you absolutely must have been trained in a profession, otherwise you're working at Circle K gas stations. So that training and mentoring is in Cali, it is NOT over here. ASU is full of parties and Tempe is in the nations top 6 most dangerous college towns. LA Jolla and Irvine are safe.
I just moved to Gilbert and grew up in Aliso Viejo. I havent met anyone from OC here yet!

Old 11-10-2016, 12:38 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccabees_ View Post
LOL, people are leaving CA for financial reasons. BUT why are people leaving TX, AZ, and all the other poor red states to come to CA? Makes NO sense. Why move from a RED state with "low" taxes and property that cost half as much to come and live in a Liberal Wonderland?

Why? EZ.

Failures leave CA.

People who make it big upgrade and leave their sh8tbox to come to CA. For a better life.
All my neighbors in 92651 (go ahead and check the prices for homes for that zip code), do not own those homes as their primary residence (myself included).

Old 11-10-2016, 02:59 PM

406 posts, read 348,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
All my neighbors in 92651 (go ahead and check the prices for homes for that zip code), do not own those homes as their primary residence (myself included).
Fashion is f***ing cosmopolitan, having a trained assassin stay overnight, letting heartbreaking lies roll over us like a summer breeze.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:01 PM

93 posts, read 154,065 times
The situation is really terrible for a lot of people in O.C now. What I see is most people have a take home income of a little of more or less than 2k/month. Meanwhile, you also see a lot of people go shopping for houses in O.C and pay 600k cash right off the bat.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredatwork View Post
The situation is really terrible for a lot of people in O.C now. What I see is most people have a take home income of a little of more or less than 2k/month. Meanwhile, you also see a lot of people go shopping for houses in O.C and pay 600k cash right off the bat.
That will change as it fills up. Too many people take away a lot of what is good in OC. Pricing will still rise, but not like it has as people decide against the congestion. If someone has a job there, they wil move to another area with better pricing, even if a long drive. That is what drove Murrieta and Temecula to the size they are now.

I may be moving back to CA next year and can afford to buy in OC, and I love the area, but my wife and I both agree we will not buy there due to traffic, etc. Work will not be an issue for us, so traffic during rush hour is not a major issue, but even in "off" hours it is crowded and we do not want to live in that. Especially with memories from the past when it was a better place to live.

It will however still become more Rich/Poor and have far less Middle class beyond those who have lived there for decades and own a home.

Old 11-12-2016, 06:49 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
San Clemente up to Laguna Niguel is fine except for the weekends...oops.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
San Clemente up to Laguna Niguel is fine except for the weekends...oops.
Yes, the weekends can be a problem. However to go anywhere during the week you are trapped on the 5 then the 405 or the Coast Hwy through Laguna Beach. Not fun as the traffic on those os not good..

Old 08-23-2017, 07:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
No wonder millennials can't afford to live in OC. They seem to be good at wasting money and they seem to also have awfully expensive taste.

From the article:

Zuniga isn’t sweating at some low-fee, big-box fitness chain. Prevail Boxing is a 1,500-square-foot studio in Los Angeles that charges $250 for 10 classes.

“I think people in my generation are more willing to invest in what challenges them and makes them healthy,” said Zuniga, who grew bored with cheaper, traditional gyms. “It’s expensive to be healthy, but it’s more expensive to be sick.”

Costly coffee and artisanal avocado toast may be getting the blame for millennials’ inability to afford a house. But those expenses pale compared with what a growing segment is willing to spend on fitness, abandoning $30-a-month gyms for trendy studios where classes for cycling, boot camp or yoga can run $30 a session.

Millennials are spending big on trendy places to sweat - LA Times

Old 08-23-2017, 08:19 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,259 times
OC isn't loaded with walkable and historic neighborhoods that Millennials crave; therefore they aren't as willing to shack up 8 to an apartment as they are in Brooklyn or SD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County