Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2017, 12:00 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

Baby Boomers are making it difficult for millennials to buy. Since more of them are staying put rather than down- or up-sizing, they're not freeing up much-needed inventory.

See greedy Baby Boomers in red above...
I am curious. Why should anyone who wants to stay in their home, one they paid for and have many memories in, be called a Greedy Person?

There is no requirement for anyone to move just so someone else can move in, that is stupid. OR Greedy on the part of the one who wants to move in and doesn't make enough money to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 01:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I am curious. Why should anyone who wants to stay in their home, one they paid for and have many memories in, be called a Greedy Person?

There is no requirement for anyone to move just so someone else can move in, that is stupid. OR Greedy on the part of the one who wants to move in and doesn't make enough money to do so.
Nor are they greedy for wanting to get top dollar for their homes. I was being facetious but also restating what the article implied. One thing about Boomers too that's forgotten is that they believed that their way of life would continue including a taste for huge McMansions. They lived in a world of pensions,far less global competition, and much more manageable immigration levels.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:11 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

Fact is, people who DON'T HAVE will always envy and try to tear down those who do.

That's basically how Democrat politicians get votes, by feeding that base feeling of inadequacy within some of their voting bloc by playing identity politics (you don't have this because of your race/gender/religion/etc).

I love when someone succeeds and makes themselves filthy rich through finding their niche in the market. I give them respect and praise for growing the pie even bigger, I wish other's would learn that the success of others is better for everyone.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Nor are they greedy for wanting to get top dollar for their homes. I was being facetious but also restating what the article implied. One thing about Boomers too that's forgotten is that they believed that their way of life would continue including a taste for huge McMansions. They lived in a world of pensions,far less global competition, and much more manageable immigration levels.
Ahh, facetious, that makes sense.

Yes we boomers lived in a different world in the past, but live in the same one now. We have had to adapt to the current world as well. Maybe being adaptable is what people can't do today?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Fact is, people who DON'T HAVE will always envy and try to tear down those who do.

That's basically how Democrat politicians get votes, by feeding that base feeling of inadequacy within some of their voting bloc by playing identity politics (you don't have this because of your race/gender/religion/etc).

I love when someone succeeds and makes themselves filthy rich through finding their niche in the market. I give them respect and praise for growing the pie even bigger, I wish other's would learn that the success of others is better for everyone.
True, jealousy is rampant and politicians use it for votes.

Hard work is only found common in old movies now. I was raised poor, attended only High School but learned from every job I had and now own 3 businesses and 2 are CA corporations. I found a niche and now sell my technology world wide and ... I did not really have any classes even in HS that helped. I just learned and moved forward since I did not want to move backwards. Thousands of people now work because of what I have created and businesses have been started based on that technology around the world. Unless a person is brain dead, they need to think and work hard, to reach a decent level of stability. It is not going to be given to them.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:30 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post

Uh that actually fits Trump's playbook to a tee - and no one plays identity politics and resentment like that occupant in the WH now.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:04 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Uh that actually fits Trump's playbook to a tee - and no one plays identity politics and resentment like that occupant in the WH now.
Well at least Trump is consistent and plays the identity politics of being pro American because he is the President of the United States of America (didn't vote for him by the way but I call it like it is).

Democrat politicians are a completely DIFFERENT animal. They play identity politics purely to be divisive so they can push a political narrative to hopefully fool people into giving them power. They say "We fight for woman's rights and equality!", virtue signaling for anyone who will listen, then they go become best friends with perverts, and celebrate a guy like this:

The funny thing is most democrats were MORE angry at Trump "saying" crude things than they were at liberal best friend Harvey actually raping women. Total hypocrisy.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:54 PM

The gap behind that tooth is...

Old 10-16-2017, 11:24 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,260,588 times
IT'S A GENERATION WAR!!!!

I love these things

Fact is, BOOMERS and the MILLENNIALS both SUCK. While exceptions exist, we are talking about the most SELFISH generation (Boomers) vs. the most WORTHLESS generation (Millennials) to ever exist.

GEN-X FOR THE WIN, BABY!!! Cynicism will save the day. In a deceitful world run by money-printing psychopaths, only the ones JADED FROM BIRTH have a chance of SAVING THE DAY. White picket fences for high school degrees and participation trophies for last place finishes will produce a generation of SOFTIES whether it's in the 1960s or the 2000s.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited by GSR13; 10-16-2017 at 11:32 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr13 View Post
it's a generation war!!!!

I love these things

fact is, boomers and the millennials both suck. While exceptions exist, we are talking about the most selfish generation (boomers) vs. The most worthless generation (millennials).

gen-x for the win, baby!!! :d

lolololololol
^this!

Now to be fair, there are some cool people from both groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County