Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2019, 11:39 AM

54 posts, read 46,246 times

Advertisements

Yesterday in Aliso Viejo at the bus stop near Aliso Creek and Pacific Park, camping with three covered carts taking up the bus stop bench. Soon coming to the parking lot of the Chet Holifield Federal Buiding near Aliso Niguel high school. Great days ahead!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 02:36 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouleboule View Post
Yesterday in Aliso Viejo at the bus stop near Aliso Creek and Pacific Park, camping with three covered carts taking up the bus stop bench. Soon coming to the parking lot of the Chet Holifield Federal Buiding near Aliso Niguel high school. Great days ahead!!!!
FWIW, Aliso Niguel High in Aliso Viejo is not really that close to the Chet Holifield Federal Building in Laguna Niguel by street or pedestrian traffic, just by air. I don't really understand why the federal building was mentioned. I doubt that the homeless will be allowed to setup camps there.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chet...33.5617208!3e0

Of course, none of this solves homelessness.

Old 04-05-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, with the "bus stop bench," that's a relic, since we no longer have regular buses or bus stops in Aliso. We have "Uber" type vans on demand. It's part of a project and it may or may not be permanent.

The guy couldn't have been camping there, nooooo way. He was likely relaxing. He pushes his carts and then stops for awhile. I'm sure I have seen him before.

There's no encampment at Aliso Creek Road and Pacific Park Drive:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Al...4d-117.7234001

Still, we don't have a solution for homelessness.

Last edited by pacific2; 04-05-2019 at 04:48 PM..

Old 04-06-2019, 03:35 PM

54 posts, read 46,246 times
The HLSS persons at Aliso Creek and Pacific Park are still camping at the bus bench. Pacific2 would you please contact Google to updated the view of the intersection covering current intersection happenings and not previous as you have posted.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
The HLSS persons at Aliso Creek and Pacific Park are still camping at the bus bench. Pacific2 would you please contact Google to updated the view of the intersection covering current intersection happenings and not previous as you have posted.
The Google image is obviously just meant to show what the intersection looks like. Since this city is so small, I'm usually at that intersection at least once a day, but I haven't noticed anything approaching an encampment. In fact, I was there about 6:15 this morning, but didn't see a homeless person. There was no one on the bench.

I may have to drive by there on an errand again later on today. I'll be sure to let you know if I see an encampment.

I'm curious, has anyone who lives in Aliso or Laguna Niguel noticed a homeless encampment at that spot? Am I missing something?

Last edited by pacific2; 04-06-2019 at 04:08 PM..

Old 04-06-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
The Google image is obviously just meant to show what the intersection looks like. Since this city is so small, I'm usually at that intersection at least once a day, but I haven't noticed anything approaching an encampment. In fact, I was there about 6:15 this morning, but didn't see a homeless person. There was no one on the bench.

I may have to drive by there on an errand again later on today. I'll be sure to let you know if I see an encampment.

I'm curious, has anyone who lives in Aliso or Laguna Niguel noticed a homeless encampment at that spot? Am I missing something?
I just returned from my errand which took me down Aliso Creek Road. While I didn't see anyone who "looked" homeless at that spot (Aliso Creek Road/Pacific Park Drive), nor did I see an "encampment." I did see some covered shopping carts just a block away (Aliso Creek Road/Journey).

I'm sure this belongs to the same guy I mentioned earlier. I've been seeing him around for about 1.5 years. He disappears for months at a time, and then returns for a day or two. I, at least, have never seen him store his possessions at any one spot for more than a few hours.

Still, at least to me, this doesn't qualify as an "encampment."

My understanding is that most homeless people tend to be locals. So, it's about time that Aliso Viejo addressed the problems of its homeless residents.

The courts will likely make Aliso and other South County cities eventually step up to the plate:

South Orange County cities avoid facing federal judge over homeless shelters for now; other issues dominate court session
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/02/south-orange-county-cities-face-federal-judge-today-over-homeless-shelters/

Old 04-07-2019, 01:57 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
This is my $.02. I do not pretend to know what is the best for you(including homeless people), because I have a hard time to decide what is the best for me. So I like to give you choices(free will) which might upset lots of people.

Under no circumstance that people is forced to take this deal. All people acts on their own free will.

1. ask for donation
2. decide a destination which is difficult to return and has big cities near by(for example Reno, easy to migrate to SF or Sacramento or Bay Areas)
3. hire buses
4. Free one way bus to Reno. While riding, some free weed/food/water for enjoyment.
5. Get off Reno, we will give you a small package of weed for couple days of enjoyment. We also will give you a piece of paper promising(from politicians alike) you one year free weed.

The cost of this operation is way cheaper than any other solutions. It is private funded. It is free will. No force and no law involved.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:47 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
This could be a big business opportunity. How many city is willing to pay you not to bus in or bus by? How many city is willing to pay you to bus out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
This is my $.02. I do not pretend to know what is the best for you(including homeless people), because I have a hard time to decide what is the best for me. So I like to give you choices(free will) which might upset lots of people.

Under no circumstance that people is forced to take this deal. All people acts on their own free will.

1. ask for donation
2. decide a destination which is difficult to return and has big cities near by(for example Reno, easy to migrate to SF or Sacramento or Bay Areas)
3. hire buses
4. Free one way bus to Reno. While riding, some free weed/food/water for enjoyment.
5. Get off Reno, we will give you a small package of weed for couple days of enjoyment. We also will give you a piece of paper promising(from politicians alike) you one year free weed.

The cost of this operation is way cheaper than any other solutions. It is private funded. It is free will. No force and no law involved.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:34 PM

42,841 posts, read 26,253,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
1. ask for donation
3. hire buses
What a swell idea, I'm sure that the homeless would be thrilled to move to Reno
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat.../?format=1500w

Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What a swell idea, I'm sure that the homeless would be thrilled to move to Reno
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat.../?format=1500w
You give them the weed first and then they won't care what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County