Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2017, 06:34 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,138,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
depeds on your financial situation. Looking around my area housesare 25-100k higher than last year
Homes here are going nuts in my neck of the woods again after a short pause.

300k since 2012, perhaps more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 07:45 PM

600 posts, read 566,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I left out the stats that say those leaving are being replaced by immigrants, legal&illegal, and natural increase in population
You didn't include any stats. Just random BS you pulled out of thin air. Just like Trump! lol

Old 05-26-2017, 09:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
You didn't include any stats. Just random BS you pulled out of thin air. Just like Trump! lol
You need to read more.

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/...look-5853.html

For decades after World War II, California was a destination for Americans in search of a better life. In many people’s minds, it was the state with more jobs, more space, more sunlight, and more opportunity. They voted with their feet, and California grew spectacularly (its population increased by 137 percent between 1960 and 2010). However, this golden age of migration into the state is over. For the past two decades, California has been sending more people to other American states than it receives from them. Since 1990, the state has lost nearly 3.4 million residents through this migration.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You need to read more.

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/...look-5853.html

For decades after World War II, California was a destination for Americans in search of a better life. In many people’s minds, it was the state with more jobs, more space, more sunlight, and more opportunity. They voted with their feet, and California grew spectacularly (its population increased by 137 percent between 1960 and 2010). However, this golden age of migration into the state is over. For the past two decades, California has been sending more people to other American states than it receives from them. Since 1990, the state has lost nearly 3.4 million residents through this migration.

Data collected in 2016 shows otherwise. CA isn't even top 10 of the States with the highest exodus. Nice try though!

https://www.unitedvanlines.com/conta...ers-study-2016

Almost 50% of the people moving to CA make 150k or more.

The majority leaving CA are 55+ and older. So obviously it's not to live in a "safer" area to start a family. hahahhaha

Compare that to the crap hole you live in (TN) all the young people are Leaving. haha

Old 05-27-2017, 12:39 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,916,012 times
Quote:
But you probably would not want to live in the neighborhoods are that have the lower cost homes or accept a 2 bdrm, 1 bath extremely small home.
Although you got schooled (by me) on "median," I know what you are saying. There are a lot of lower income neighborhoods in northern OC so the median house may not be very nice. In southern OC the median is probably closer to $1 million.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Data collected in 2016 shows otherwise. CA isn't even top 10 of the States with the highest exodus. Nice try though!

https://www.unitedvanlines.com/conta...ers-study-2016

Almost 50% of the people moving to CA make 150k or more.

The majority leaving CA are 55+ and older. So obviously it's not to live in a "safer" area to start a family. hahahhaha

Compare that to the crap hole you live in (TN) all the young people are Leaving. haha
More people leave CA than move it. Makes no difference what age they are the total is more out migration. Nice dodge though.

Now TN is not my favorite State but in sooo many ways (not all) better than CA. Just moving here saved me $20,000 a year in taxes/fees. I visit CA, though have considered moving back. 4 seasons, less traffic, better roads, far lower cost homes om larger lots, lower property taxes (Both by percentage and dollars) extremely friendly and helpful people, a days drive to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Gulf or Atlantic and warmer water than in CA. Not as many restaurants and such, but more than enough for my wife and I. The Smokies are beautiful and have a huge number of places to visit and enjoy. I was born and raise in SoCal and it has 2 major points in it's favor. Weather and things to do. That is it. COL is higher in CA and QOL is lower overall in CA, unless you are a millionaire.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
More people leave CA than move it. Makes no difference what age they are the total is more out migration. Nice dodge though.

Now TN is not my favorite State but in sooo many ways (not all) better than CA. Just moving here saved me $20,000 a year in taxes/fees. I visit CA, though have considered moving back. 4 seasons, less traffic, better roads, far lower cost homes om larger lots, lower property taxes (Both by percentage and dollars) extremely friendly and helpful people, a days drive to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Gulf or Atlantic and warmer water than in CA. Not as many restaurants and such, but more than enough for my wife and I. The Smokies are beautiful and have a huge number of places to visit and enjoy. I was born and raise in SoCal and it has 2 major points in it's favor. Weather and things to do. That is it. COL is higher in CA and QOL is lower overall in CA, unless you are a millionaire.
Wrong again, as data show it is balanced. Not sure why people from the east coast don't know how to look at charts. Again, I use sources, not grab info out of thin air or make up "data" to make it fit my "bias" agenda.

Old grumpy people like you leaving CA, being replaced by younger people making 150K+ as data shows in the charts I posted earlier.

Please don't move back to CA. You cannot afford it and your neighbors will be annoyed by all your crying and complaining.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Wrong again, as data show it is balanced. Not sure why people from the east coast don't know how to look at charts. Again, I use sources, not grab info out of thin air or make up "data" to make it fit my "bias" agenda.

Old grumpy people like you leaving CA, being replaced by younger people making 150K+ as data shows in the charts I posted earlier.

Please don't move back to CA. You cannot afford it and your neighbors will be annoyed by all your crying and complaining.
One moving company. Try better sources:

California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in | The Sacramento Bee

Every year from 2000 through 2015, more people left California than moved in from other states.
Read more here: California exports its poor to Texas, other states, while wealthier people move in | The Sacramento Bee

You also make unwarranted and not very nice assumptions which damage your own credibility.

I can sell my current home and with available cash buy a home in SoCal in the area we have spoken of living (15 miles max to the Beach) without touching any investments, etc. We probably won't, as I hate the idea of giving more money to the State to be wasted. The actions of the CA Gov't in the last year have made it plain things will not get better.

Last edited by expatCA; 05-28-2017 at 07:32 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 12:58 AM

426 posts, read 423,835 times
Once you leave California, appreciation will lock you out forever.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:15 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
Once you leave California, appreciation will lock you out forever.
Maybe not everyone but a majority. For most of my friends who moved away and want to come back they simply cannot buy back in. Some moved back but are renting or moved here and moved back to where they were. And believe me most want to come back really bad.
The very few who did have the ability to buy they bought but nowhere near where they lived before. But they had to make huge personal and financial sacrifices to buy back in. The houses they sold did not gain enough equity to make up for the appreciation of houses in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County