Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 05:19 PM

13,563 posts, read 10,277,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
the only reason DACA is still here is because Trump wants it here. You should be thanking him. Not thinking a fat liberal professor newbie congresswoman can do anything about it.
Uh, no. You don't seem to be reading the news. DACA is still here because the courts ruled that Trump has to reinstate it despite trying to get rid of it. Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2020, 02:39 PM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
DACA = Dead, good riddance!
WASHINGTON - 6/18/20 - The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected (Trump's) plan to repeal the popular Obama-era order that protected so-called Dreamers, the approximately 700,000 young immigrants who were brought to this country illegally as children.

Led by Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., the court called the decision to cancel the program known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, arbitrary and not justified. The program allows these young people to register with the government and, if they have a clean criminal record, to obtain a work permit and be assured they will not be deported. At least 27,000 DACA recipients are employed as healthcare workers.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...dreamers-trump

Old 06-18-2020, 04:46 PM

1,191 posts, read 647,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
WASHINGTON - 6/18/20 - The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected (Trump's) plan to repeal the popular Obama-era order that protected so-called Dreamers, the approximately 700,000 young immigrants who were brought to this country illegally as children.

Led by Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., the court called the decision to cancel the program known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, arbitrary and not justified. The program allows these young people to register with the government and, if they have a clean criminal record, to obtain a work permit and be assured they will not be deported. At least 27,000 DACA recipients are employed as healthcare workers.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...dreamers-trump
I guess CaliRestoration is wrong like usual.

Old 06-18-2020, 05:34 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,003,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
the only reason DACA is still here is because Trump wants it here. You should be thanking him. Not thinking a fat liberal professor newbie congresswoman can do anything about it.
Haven't you moved already ???

Old 06-18-2020, 08:59 PM

42,745 posts, read 25,916,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
I guess CaliRestoration is wrong like usual.
lol I think he's probably having a bad day. He was surprised when we weren't all ready to move out of state because of the 3.5 cent gas tax increase and now this...poor guy

Old 06-19-2020, 02:19 PM

1,191 posts, read 647,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol I think he's probably having a bad day. He was surprised when we weren't all ready to move out of state because of the 3.5 cent gas tax increase and now this...poor guy
Yeah I just saw him get ripped apart in that thread. He must be pretty depressed at the moment.

Old 11-15-2020, 12:09 PM

26,593 posts, read 26,478,904 times
Quote:
DACA = Dead, good riddance!
NEW YORK — A federal judge in New York ruled Saturday that Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, assumed his position unlawfully, a determination that invalidated Wolf’s suspension of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which shields young people from deportation.

“DHS failed to follow the order of succession as it was lawfully designated,” U.S. District Judge Nicholas G. Garaufis wrote. “Therefore, the actions taken by purported Acting Secretaries, who were not properly in their roles according to the lawful order of succession, were taken without legal authority.”

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...o-suspend-daca

Old 11-16-2020, 01:12 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,265,003 times
The courts are so politicized and because of that I can say 80% of the time which party appointed the judge. In this case it was a Clinton appointee. The 20% of the time I am surprised, it is always a Republican appointee ruling in a way contrary to the way I would have guessed, never ever a Democratic appointee.

Old 11-16-2020, 11:23 AM

42,745 posts, read 25,916,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
The courts are so politicized and because of that I can say 80% of the time which party appointed the judge. In this case it was a Clinton appointee. The 20% of the time I am surprised, it is always a Republican appointee ruling in a way contrary to the way I would have guessed, never ever a Democratic appointee.
Was he legally appointed as head of DHS or not? The issue was raised before but of course Republicans in congress ignored it https://www.rollcall.com/2019/11/15/...hs-questioned/

Old 11-16-2020, 07:01 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,265,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Was he legally appointed as head of DHS or not? The issue was raised before but of course Republicans in congress ignored it https://www.rollcall.com/2019/11/15/...hs-questioned/
Was the original DACA legal to begin with? Presidents don't get to ignore laws they don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County