Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:03 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times

Advertisements

Obviously in the targeted cities, no lot will be found for less than a princely sum.

Consider Warner Springs and surrounds for a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 AM

36 posts, read 43,250 times
We moved from Miami, FL to Orange County California in 2014 with 2 kids and 2 boxers. It was a very positive move for us. You just have to adjust your requirements for everything with a big move like that and you will find something that will work for you and your family. If you have kids perhaps focus on the school of choice first and everything will follow. I am a real estate agent now and help families do the same all the time. It is a process.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
I am not sure why you resurrected this thread, especially considering it was ridiculous when posted and now prices have risen very much in these areas. In addition, I suspect the OP might have found I something...elsewhere.

550k is NOT happening in these areas.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:25 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I am not sure why you resurrected this thread, especially considering it was ridiculous when posted and now prices have risen very much in these areas. In addition, I suspect the OP might have found I something...elsewhere.

550k is NOT happening in these areas.

550k isn’t happening in most if not all areas of OC. At least for SFRs. Townhouses or condos are in that range now or higher.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:03 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,960,798 times
I don’t know why OP asked this type of question when he can easily go on sites such as Zillow, Realtor, etc. to get an idea how much homes cost in any areas.

Do your research first then ask realistic questions.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:53 AM

779 posts, read 505,860 times
Get real.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:33 PM

97 posts, read 135,377 times
Sorry to say that amount would only get you a townhome or Condo here. You may be able to find an older home that needs a lot of work in that price range. One of the reasons I’m moving out of OC.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcellainLB View Post
I relocated from Miami,FL to Laguna Beach, CA 3.5 yrs ago. I was told on this same forum that I could NEVER find anything in Laguna Beach that would fit my needs or my budget. I found something that works perfectly for my family, in Laguna Beach, in my budget. I now sell real estate in OC.

You CAN find something in your budget in OC but like all of us that relocate, your requirements have to be flexible. Remember that your needs will be different in a new city as well. Aliso Viejo is close to Laguna Beach and has a lower price point. There are other pockets that may work for you as well.
Since were all on the subject how much did you have to compromise? Most of the time to buy in OC (for the last 2 years at least) at the low end you compromise. Usually a lot.
Two years ago when you moved here houses were “more affordable”. Try buying your house today. As a realtor I’m sure you know what it should sell for today. So what was your purchase price, vs today selling price and would you still be able to afford it today as comfortably as two years ago.
My rentals all have gone up about 20% in value from two years ago.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:19 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
I relocated from Miami,FL to Laguna Beach, CA 3.5 yrs ago. I was told on this same forum that I could NEVER find anything in Laguna Beach that would fit my needs or my budget. I found something that works perfectly for my family, in Laguna Beach, in my budget. I now sell real estate in OC.

You CAN find something in your budget in OC but like all of us that relocate, your requirements have to be flexible. Remember that your needs will be different in a new city as well. Aliso Viejo is close to Laguna Beach and has a lower price point. There are other pockets that may work for you as well.
Funny how things work because you once thanked everyone on the forum for their input; and it looks like you snagged a bargain when prices were lower back in 2014:

Quote:
I am the one who posted and got all the wonderful responses. I am incredibly grateful for all the opinions that guided me through our move. So I wanted to give an update 3 yrs later for families that might be in the same place I was.

We chose Laguna Beach because of school quality and size. We were able to find a home that needed remodeling well under $1.4 so it worked for us. We had to give up a few things we were used to but gained many others. The ocean is nice but it is not warm like Miami so it has not been an important thing in our life. However, the townlike community and the safety here has been radically life changing in a positive way for my family. My kids are in the middle school and high school and my two old boxer dogs are enjoying the weather. My experience with moving cross country and remodeling inspired me to started a new career here as a real estate agent and it has been great. All around a great move for all of us!

Good luck to anyone in my same shoes and thanks again for all who responded three years ago!

Last edited by pacific2; 01-28-2018 at 10:33 PM..

Old 01-29-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Funny how things work because you once thanked everyone on the forum for their input; and it looks like you snagged a bargain when prices were lower back in 2014:

550,000 dollar budget is a long way from 1,400,000 budget in Laguna Beach. I looked. Zillow shows NO SFRs in Laguna Beach. There are a few mobile homes and undeveloped lots for sale. There may be a few condos somewhere

She stated your requirements need to be flexible. In realtor speak that translates to “you need to compromise the F out of your expectations when buying a house in OC”

1.4 million. How much money did MarcellainLB have to sink in the remodel? And what is the house worth today? 2 million?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County