Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:52 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
Thanks, I am talking about renting though.
That is right. You might also consider Orange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 08:08 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,498,663 times
Your best time to rent and have a better chance of getting picked is October November December January into February. Because by March the competition gets fierce. By May usually stuff rents within days.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:18 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,000,204 times
rents in OC are getting crazy, what used to be $1500 18 months ago has skyrocketed to $2500 today.

that being said, where on east coast are you from (I'm from the Mid Hudson River Valley, via Long Long Island and had to problem adapting to Southern California).

I live in the Huntington Harbour area and there are two 3 bedroom units in our condo complex available for about 2200-2400.
I work in the Irvine /Tustin /Santa Ana area and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to work, and a 45 minutes to get home.

if you are looking for East Coast-type small town in your targeted price, think about Seal Beach, Old Town Orange, Fullerton. Maybe Huntington Beach.

Most important is thing about your own lifestyle. if you are an active person: welcome to southern California! you will definitely find your niche here.
but you'll have to choose between Mountain Communities. Beach Communities, Boating Communities.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM

316 posts, read 942,817 times
Thanks all! Coming from NJ.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:44 PM

Hi all. Well I visited for a few days and got a flavor for some of the areas. Overall I was impressed, but also overwhelmed! Our goals would be to rent a place not too far from work (I do not want to sit in traffic for hours each day, I would like a 30 min or less commute) as well as a very area with good elementary school as well as not terribly far from the beach! (15 min or less would be ideal). Being close to town center / shopping is key too.

So far I like Irvine, Aliso Viejo (a little further from the job and a toll road though it seems), and parts of Newport and Corona del mar (not sure if we would fit in though, seems very wealthy area). But still lots more research to do! Leaning toward renting a condo or townhome in one of the complexes with lots of amenities. Any further thoughts / suggestions? thanks!

Old 01-17-2018, 11:20 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,682,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
Hi all. Well I visited for a few days and got a flavor for some of the areas. Overall I was impressed, but also overwhelmed! Our goals would be to rent a place not too far from work (I do not want to sit in traffic for hours each day, I would like a 30 min or less commute) as well as a very area with good elementary school as well as not terribly far from the beach! (15 min or less would be ideal). Being close to town center / shopping is key too.

So far I like Irvine, Aliso Viejo (a little further from the job and a toll road though it seems), and parts of Newport and Corona del mar (not sure if we would fit in though, seems very wealthy area). But still lots more research to do! Leaning toward renting a condo or townhome in one of the complexes with lots of amenities. Any further thoughts / suggestions? thanks!
Of those choices, Aliso rentals are the least expensive. So, you are more likely to find something within your budget here. I'll give you some information about AV and let others fill you in on the other cities.

The Aliso Viejo to Santa Ana commute is a relatively easy one and you don't have to take tolls. You would, however, have to time your drive to avoid the heaviest traffic because the 5 can become quite clogged. That could, for example, mean leaving home 10 minutes earlier.

Schools are good.

You should be able to get to the beach in about 15 minutes. TIP: Go during the least popular times, especially during the summer when traffic into Laguna Beach can backup into Aliso Viejo.

There are also parks everywhere and the city has about 23 of them.

It might be hard, but not impossible, to find a 2-3 bedroom townhouse/condo here for $2500. Maybe a realtor could help you with that. My hunch is that the 2 bedrooms probably start at about $2500.

There are apartments in close proximity to Town Center. For example, the newly opened Vantis is right up the hill from it, an easy walk:

Shea Apartment Living

City Lights is even a bit closer:
City Lights in Aliso Viejo | Aliso Viejo Apartments

St. Moritz is right across the street from Town Center:
Aliso Viejo Apartments | St. Moritz Resort Apartments

Search "Aliso Viejo" on C-D and you should be able to find a lot of information. Still, let me know if there is anything else that you are curious about.

Old 01-18-2018, 07:04 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,682,713 times
Regarding 2 bedroom apartments in Aliso Viejo, check around because there are a number of communities here besides those I listed, which are the closest to Town Center and perhaps the most expensive.

Even with these, you would not be more than 2.5 miles away from Town; not walking distance, but a short drive.

Alicante is one such place and comes highly rated. Incidentally, I stayed there years ago when I first moved to OC from Manhattan. Maintenance is tops, the staff is friendly, big dogs are welcome and it is easy to meet people there:
https://www.elevatetosequoia.com/apa...artment-homes/

Old 01-18-2018, 10:48 AM

thank you much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County