Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,844 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I am moving with my family to Anaheim CA from Charlotte NC in july 2018. It would be very helpful if anyone of you suggest me good apartments name in Anaheim. I am mostly looking for apartments having good number of Indians or mostly preferred by Indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 12:21 PM

384 posts, read 729,953 times
Does it have to be Anaheim or is that the city you will be working in? Cerritos, Artesia would be a better choice

Last edited by veritasveritas; 06-09-2018 at 12:31 PM..

Old 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM

283 posts, read 623,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
Does it have to be Anaheim or is that the city you will be working in? Cerritos, Artesia would be a better choice
yea or Irvine

Old 06-09-2018, 04:16 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,086,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chander Dev View Post
Hi all, I am moving with my family to Anaheim CA from Charlotte NC in july 2018. It would be very helpful if anyone of you suggest me good apartments name in Anaheim. I am mostly looking for apartments having good number of Indians or mostly preferred by Indians.
The race/ethnicity of your fellow neighbors should not matter to you, right?

Old 06-09-2018, 04:57 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,121,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
The race/ethnicity of your fellow neighbors should not matter to you, right?
For whatever reason Indians seem very very attached to their own. I notice apartments seem to have either 0% Indians or roughly 96% Indians.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,086,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
For whatever reason Indians seem very very attached to their own. I notice apartments seem to have either 0% Indians or roughly 96% Indians.
It seems to be ok, at least on C-D, as long as Euro-Americans do not express the same desire.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:30 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,121,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
It seems to be ok, at least on C-D, as long as Euro-Americans do not express the same desire.
True. If a white person said they wanted an apartment with lots of other white people, a ****storm would ensue.

But I never see other non-white groups saying this either. Guess Indians are particularly close knit and tribal?

Old 06-09-2018, 10:48 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,267,063 times
Gallery Apartments

Old 06-13-2018, 08:45 AM

221 posts, read 188,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
True. If a white person said they wanted an apartment with lots of other white people, a ****storm would ensue.

But I never see other non-white groups saying this either. Guess Indians are particularly close knit and tribal?
It's different. Minorities wish to live around those similar to them because they may feel unwelcome in other communities, especially if they are immigrants. Living near those of their race will at least make them feel comfortable in their communities.

This isn't limited to Indians, but other racial minorities as well. For most minority immigrants, it's not "I don't want to live near Americans or people of other races" but "I am afraid of how I will be treated by others in this community."

Likewise, a white guy moving to Shanghai would probably ask where all the foreigners live, as they may feel unwelcome in a community full of Chinese people. And that's completely reasonable.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,299,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoxdiamond View Post
It's different. Minorities wish to live around those similar to them because they may feel unwelcome in other communities, especially if they are immigrants. Living near those of their race will at least make them feel comfortable in their communities.

This isn't limited to Indians, but other racial minorities as well. For most minority immigrants, it's not "I don't want to live near Americans or people of other races" but "I am afraid of how I will be treated by others in this community."

Likewise, a white guy moving to Shanghai would probably ask where all the foreigners live, as they may feel unwelcome in a community full of Chinese people. And that's completely reasonable.
Then a white family wanting an apt in Santa Ana that is all white would be OK, because Santa Ana is majority Hispanic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County