Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 10:15 PM

21,590 posts, read 16,091,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
How should we measure intelligence? Bank accounts? Cars?

You choose.
Lmfao. You just measured yours with those suggestions ... good gawd amighty you’re fun

Old 12-09-2018, 10:31 PM

3,145 posts, read 3,838,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Lmfao. You just measured yours with those suggestions ... good gawd amighty you’re fun
What's that old adage about arguing with idiots?

You're beating me with experience.

But I get it, you're kind of a loser, so posting on the internet is your only claim to fame. It must be a sad life.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:37 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,057,884 times
Quote:
How should we measure intelligence? Bank accounts? Cars?

You choose.
Now that we are blue, OC should ban IQ tests. Everything can instead be explained through privilege (of the outwardly appearing successful folks) and victimhood (of the ones who do not seem to be successful), which can a triple whammy if one finds oneself being disabled, gay, and, say, Samoan as well. Such a person would be triply disadvantaged under "intersectionality". Life dealt them a terrible hand. Can such a person be successful? In OC, we would conclude that it is not possible.

I did not receive a royal flush when cards were dealt but I refuse to see myself as a victim, even if others may do so. One overcomes as best one can in life.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-09-2018 at 10:52 PM..

Old 12-09-2018, 10:44 PM

Quote:
What's that old adage about arguing with idiots?

You're beating me with experience.

But I get it, you're kind of a loser, so posting on the internet is your only claim to fame. It must be a sad life.
You are more amusing with every post. Sad is thinking a Bentley is a metric for determining intelligence.

You are also posting on the internet. Difference being, I engage issues with topical references and analytical logic in debate ... while you fail to respond to any of that, and limit yourself to desperately hurling sophmoric insults.

Do you have anything to add to actual discussion on topic? Or not ...?

Old 12-10-2018, 12:09 AM

3,593 posts, read 1,772,284 times
How is it that the democrats just get to keep counting until they win? Someone needs to look into this, there’s not a chance in hell OC is legitimately completely blue.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:17 AM

42,743 posts, read 25,909,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
How is it that the democrats just get to keep counting until they win? Someone needs to look into this, there’s not a chance in hell OC is legitimately completely blue.
  • Not all votes are counted on election night, only in person votes and vote by mail ballots that were received some time before the election are tallied at that time
  • Ballots mailed and postmarked by election day are counted as long as they are received no more than 3 days after the election
  • Ballots with signatures that don't match need to be confirmed with the voter
  • Provisional ballots have to be hand checked
https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...e-13379912.php

It's not nefarious, it's not fraud it happens on every election in California.

Old 12-10-2018, 12:19 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,132,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Keep counting till you win.... love it. Welcome to the new California.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:09 AM

26,589 posts, read 26,472,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
What a laugh, Sarah Palin was a governor at one point. Cortez was a bartender recently. Let’s not get too carried away shall we. From what I’ve read, Cortez is pretty dumb. That’s pretty and dumb.
ROFLAO...yes, is that how Cortez, as stated before, graduated with honors from Boston University? Sarah Palin bounced around from one school to the next, attending four different colleges, and it took her 6 years to get a degree.

And Cortez was not a bartender "recently." (And even if she were, do you think bartenders are stupid?) Bartending was her second job after her father died--the other, working as an educational director with the National Hispanic Institute.

Things changed for Ocasio-Cortez when her 48-year-old father died of cancer in the middle of the 2008 recession. She started working two jobs — one as a bartender — sometimes working 18-hour shifts to help her family make ends meet.

How Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Went From Bartender to Politician | Money

Old 12-10-2018, 08:16 AM

26,589 posts, read 26,472,892 times
And people wonder why Orange County turned blue?

"And there was Dana Rohrabacher, the Cold Warrior-turned-Kremlin advocate who — serving well into the new millennium — said just last year that homeowners should be able to refuse to sell to gay people."

Rohrabacher exit will mark the end of those hard-edged, right-wing politicians of O.C.’s Republican heyday:
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...210-story.html

Old 12-10-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I'm arguing with a 70 year old high school drop out that I wouldn't let park my car.

I'm out.
Why would I be parking people’s cars? I’m fully retired now after a life of well compensated employment since age 12 ... not to mention a very fortunate investment history.

To be clear, you haven’t been “arguing” at all ... just trying to insult to dodge intelligent and relevant questions. I don’t see any sign from you of any ability to actually argue a point.

You’ve said “I’m out” twice now. What you haven’t said, even once, is anything in response to topical challenges. While you ramble about car ownership being a metric for intelligence, others here have been discussing the Blue wave in OC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County