Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2018, 07:26 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Wow, it looks like you live in Colorado now. Thanks
Yep, I decided at a young age that Southern California was not a good prospect for upward mobility. Been here 11 years (left SoCal 14 years ago), and have achieved things beyond my wildest dreams. Had I stayed there, I'd still be stuck in traffic, and it's likely I wouldn't be a homeowner.

I left that grind for those that want it; when I go back to visit my SoCal peers I just shake my head at what they put themselves through for sunshine, no snow, and proximity to beaches they rarely visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
Moving out to TN probably makes a lot of sense, especially since they alienated the healthy diner options by removing their salad bars and grilled chicken items (chick-food)...they decided to make burgers their focus.

Meanwhile Chipotle is moving out of CO and into Newport Beach.
I ate at a Hardee's in Columbia, TN earlier this year and they had some incredible burger there that I hadn't seen at Carl's Jr. locations yet. It was so good.

Ironically, Chipotle is a creation of Denver, and it moved to evil California (a place generally abhorred by CO natives). I applauded it; if their business is healthy enough to move to one of the most appealing and expensive parts of the country, I'm all for it. Denver has its merits but I sure don't blame them for leaving. Chipotle is generally viewed as an afterthought locally, Qdoba was also created here, as was Illegal Pete's, which is yet another (better) version of the same thing.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:07 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Yep, I decided at a young age that Southern California was not a good prospect for upward mobility. Been here 11 years (left SoCal 14 years ago), and have achieved things beyond my wildest dreams. Had I stayed there, I'd still be stuck in traffic, and it's likely I wouldn't be a homeowner.
Congrats man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 10:02 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwong7 View Post
Moving out to TN probably makes a lot of sense, especially since they alienated the healthy diner options by removing their salad bars and grilled chicken items (chick-food)...they decided to make burgers their focus.

Meanwhile Chipotle is moving out of CO and into Newport Beach.
Well, In-and-Out Burger has always been California based and it's doing quite well - without the salad bars and so-called healthy choices.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:00 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Lots of Ca companies left with the last recession. If we have one next year and Gavin starts swinging his higher tax hammer wide and hard there will be a even bigger number of fleeing companies. Count on it...

Old 11-24-2018, 06:13 PM

608 posts, read 515,812 times
Well, they aren't exactly biting the dust. They're getting on the bus, Gus.

Old 11-25-2018, 12:09 PM

872 posts, read 595,600 times
That's a fact jack- it's a situation where the elections are obviously rigged and there are zero protections for businesses besides taxation without representation
But the CA "governmental" model seems to be gaining prevalence in a lot of areas-

Old 11-26-2018, 12:25 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count David View Post
Tennessee is cheaper. Good for them.
They could've consolidated to OC if circumstances were different, and could be good for them AND OC.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:52 PM

138 posts, read 118,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
You're happy that a company is taking its tax base out of Orange County, and Orange County residents are losing their jobs?
Orange County still has a very low unemployment rate (2.8% Dec 2018) and some folks' salaries are keeping the housing prices up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County