Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 PM

65 posts, read 105,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
As they say in Real Estate ..Location, Location, Location are the three top reasons to purchase a home.

Yes, Newport you get a lot less home, maybe a basic not very impressive looking home for that money, but you get the best location. In Laguna it may be a small old outdated cottage, but you can walk to the village for a morning coffee or walk the dog on the sand every day, much better than some box McMansion in Ladera and still just feet apart from your neighbors all with the same floor-plan and unexciting.

Ladera or Coto is way inland temperatures similar to Island Empire and a mostly boring local environment with nothing to do, hence why the kids go get on drugs. Compared to the beach communities of Newport Coast, Laguna Beach Corona Del Mar or Newport.

Certainly the temperatures are milder at the coast. But actually, drug use in Orange County is higher in the beach communities, not the inland towns and the older, immigrant heavy communities in North OC. Not to mention "Rehab Riviera" sober living residence industry clustering in the beach towns.

http://ocpw.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Map...2c08ba8793d9b6

Last edited by glowinthedark; 03-18-2020 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: added a link to cite as evidence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 11:48 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
As they say in Real Estate ..Location, Location, Location are the three top reasons to purchase a home.

Yes, Newport you get a lot less home, maybe a basic not very impressive looking home for that money, but you get the best location. In Laguna it may be a small old outdated cottage, but you can walk to the village for a morning coffee or walk the dog on the sand every day, much better than some box McMansion in Ladera and still just feet apart from your neighbors all with the same floor-plan and unexciting.

Ladera or Coto is way inland temperatures similar to Island Empire and a mostly boring local environment with nothing to do, hence why the kids go get on drugs. Compared to the beach communities of Newport Coast, Laguna Beach Corona Del Mar or Newport.
Kind of ridiculous to say kids are getting hooked on drugs in Ladera more so than a coastal community. Simply not true.
Also, average July temp in Ladera is 85, while in Riverside it's 94.... so no. You're actually wrong about that too.

Yes, location is important, but for some people, a small outdated cottage isn't practical nor is it desirable. I don't want to walk to "the village" for coffee. I'd actually prefer to make my own coffee in the comfort of my McMansion and choose which one of my 3.5 bathrooms I wanna use after. Also, I don't want to walk my dog in the sand everyday... that's unappealing and to be honest unhygienic.... the dog dragging in sand everywhere in my small outdated cottage. Yeah, no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County