U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 02:55 AM

4,827 posts, read 6,537,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz2014 View Post
Combined income is around 500-600k.
Both of us are professionals.
Do you have jobs out here? I haven't read every post but on a quick scan I don't see a mention of jobs.

I commonly meet people who make decent money in an east coast city and then find out that a comparable high-paying job doesn't exist in SoCal.

An old friend of mine (Marc) spent some time with us at our home in San Diego. San Diego is easy to like so he decided to move here. He's a dental surgeon and makes very good money in St Louis.

After some research, he discovered that dental surgeons in the San Diego area make about half what he makes in St Louis. As he tells it "Dental surgeons are a dime a dozen in San Diego. I'm not taking a big cut in pay to move to a high COL city."

So Marc never moved here. I have 4 Rams season tickets starting next NFL season. He and his wife will be the first couple to sit with us for a regular season game. He misses his Rams.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County