U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 AM

26,362 posts, read 55,435,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenell View Post
My suggestion to Buyers is to use Realtor.com. That information is auto-populated from the MLS. Redfin is inaccurate information. Period. If you want a good buyer's agent, google me. Jenell Abernathy.

Where does Redfin get it's data from?

Can I one click download search results into excel on realtor.com? Including recent sales?

Why is the realtor.com map so small?

Why Traditional Realtors Hate Redfin

Chipping Away At Realtors' Six Percent - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Last edited by Charles; 03-22-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,988,177 times
Cool Irvine vs Mission Viejo

I've lived in both Irvine and Mission Viejo and love both.

Things I like about Irvine:
1)Safe
2)Good schools
3)Clean (master planned community)
4)Centrally located
5)Overall family friendly

Things I disliked about Irvine:
1)Overpriced
2)Car pollution/traffic (Alton, and Jamboree especially).
3)Borders not-so-nice areas of Santa Ana and Costa Mesa
4)Overall noise pollution (from train, 405/5, and John Wayne).
5)A tad bit boring.

I chose Mission Viejo even though I could afford Irvine because of the dislikes above, especially 1-4.

Mission Viejo matches Irvine in the positives, 1-5, except perhaps #4 (being centrally located). South County is a bit farther from L.A, though commuting from either MV or Irvine would be hellish in my opinion to do everyday.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:26 AM

4 posts, read 9,645 times
Hello Everyone, Sorry for the omission regarding my husband being able to relocate his (FONTANA JOB) to most any OC areas. Commute is not a huge issue for us, as much as the right location to move to: MV or Irvine, LF or AV... Our issue is that my whole (extended)family wishes to move with us... That's a blessing.... but a Mountain to figure out! Where would be best for area for everyone including: a healthy/single Grandmom, a single mom of two... We picked Irvine for it's great schools first, it's central location to other areas for jobs/entertainment etc, and MV for it's schools as well, safety and beauty etc. I don't care for IV's cookie cutter look, and the $$$ to live there, since renting is what we'd have to do...MV maybe more $$$ flexible with home purchasing, but I worry about the distances to other areas, (including the beach, which I love)!

Any helpful hints would be great... Oh, and no, lol, we wouldn't think of suicide... (I currently commute and hour to work (pt), along with many co-workers, though! Ugh!)
On a visit to Ca last year, I found out how crazy traffic congestion is! Wow!

Anyway, thanks for any advice! Have a great day!! Benita

Old 03-23-2010, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 9,645 times
Thank you, Mr. Fantastic for your helpful advice... With concern over MV or IR, I worry about job opportunities in OC... so, the Central location of IRVINE was very notable on our list of areas. But, maybe MV is not too far from many larger Employers...I'll have to do a search... Thank you! Benita :-)

Old 03-24-2010, 10:03 PM

42 posts, read 98,581 times
MV/Irvine/Aliso Viejo/Las Flores (Ranch Santa Margarita)/Laguna Niguel/Dana Point are the areas I would consider living.

Mission Viejo - Nice, live close to the 5 and farther south and you won't be too far from the fwy.
Dana Point - very nice but a bit far from the freeway.
Irvine - Centrally located, closer to restaurants, very nice. Has all that South OC has and more IMO. But very pricey as far as Real Estate goes. You get a lot less for your money there.
Aliso Viejo - Nice, but Melloroos, HOA, and can be a bit far from the freeway depending on where you live.
Las Flores - This is Southern/West-area of RSM. Not far from the freeway actually, I was considering moving here. There are some nice houses there for the price. However there is a somewhat high Melloroos there. Not as bad as Irvine though.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,435,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT24hr View Post
MV/Irvine/Aliso Viejo/Las Flores (Ranch Santa Margarita)/Laguna Niguel/Dana Point are the areas I would consider living.

Mission Viejo - Nice, live close to the 5 and farther south and you won't be too far from the fwy.
Dana Point - very nice but a bit far from the freeway.
Irvine - Centrally located, closer to restaurants, very nice. Has all that South OC has and more IMO. But very pricey as far as Real Estate goes. You get a lot less for your money there.
Aliso Viejo - Nice, but Melloroos, HOA, and can be a bit far from the freeway depending on where you live.
Las Flores - This is Southern/West-area of RSM. Not far from the freeway actually, I was considering moving here. There are some nice houses there for the price. However there is a somewhat high Melloroos there. Not as bad as Irvine though.
Los Flores is not in the city of RSM. It isn't part of SAMLARC (the organization of RSM HOAs) however Los Flores has its own pool and amenities. HOA fees are only around $100 (Dove, Coto and Ladera are $200 - but Ladera internet is included).

There's also Wagon Wheel, east of Los Flores, west of Coto, not behind gates, lowest of the low HOA (like $46/mo) but no amenities (unless south of Oso, but higher HOA and pool included and gates). Wagon Wheel goes to Wagon Wheel ES, one of the best and Los Flores MS and Teroro HS so all really good schools.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM

42 posts, read 98,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Los Flores is not in the city of RSM. It isn't part of SAMLARC (the organization of RSM HOAs) however Los Flores has its own pool and amenities. HOA fees are only around $100 (Dove, Coto and Ladera are $200 - but Ladera internet is included).

There's also Wagon Wheel, east of Los Flores, west of Coto, not behind gates, lowest of the low HOA (like $46/mo) but no amenities (unless south of Oso, but higher HOA and pool included and gates). Wagon Wheel goes to Wagon Wheel ES, one of the best and Los Flores MS and Teroro HS so all really good schools.
I'm pretty sure it's called Las Flores and when you purchase a house there your mailing address will be Rancho Santa Margarita.

I never stated it is part of SAMLARC. HOA fees are different than Mello Roos.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM

6 posts, read 11,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inirvine View Post
hello,

my fiancee and i are currently living in irvine, and are considering buying. We're trying to decide whether to buy in irvine or in a surrounding area (some seem to be a bit cheaper). We have thought of looking in mission viejo, aliso viejo, lake forest, and foothill ranch. We're new to the area in general, so we don't really know what the differences are between the cities, other than the the further out you go, the longer the commute. We're wondering more about the character of the different areas. We really like irvine - we like the planned feel and how clean it is in comparison to other areas. We also like that the school district is great, so we won't need to pay for private school. However, we haven't lived here long, and we would love to get some input from anyone who has more knowledge of the area. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

i hope you've moved to mission viejo by now, considering all the lazy slobs that live in irvine. You know, can't put their cart back, trash all the stores with clothes and shoes all over the place just for the cheap sale, especially macy's. 1-2 feet of shoes and clothes to step over by affluent, trash people. Carts in the handicapped all day everyday. Garbage piled in the shrubs and all over the ground. And i'm missing the rude, degenerate mind process of disrespect for any and everyone. Drama and drugs and alcohol at its best. Mission is just a tad bit upper class. Not by much though. Take a look around, sprouts, macy's, nordstroms, henry, oh i can go on and on, but you just may be used to these types of trash, slobs, defacing a beautiful state. Oh and they live right here with me in irvine, can you believe it. No, i don't need to move, these pigs need to clean up their act.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:36 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,988,177 times
HACA, don't forget HELOC abusers!

Old 09-14-2010, 03:23 PM

700 posts, read 704,383 times
I live in Irvine right now but used to live in Mission Viejo and Aliso. I like Aliso the best. It is really nice up there on the hill.

Im only staying in Irvine right now for my kids because my ex-wife is there and it is easier to take care of them while they are finishing high school.

Irvine used to be nice back in the 1990s but now there is too much traffic and it is overpopulated. I would not want to retire here.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County