Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,723,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfIfan View Post
But keep in mind, one big factor in searching for a home is price range. One neighbourhood may have an excellend scool but if all the homes in the catchment area are out of your price range then it is unlikely you are going to be able to send your child to that school.
The tool has price range filters too. So, a person filters on a price range, an elementary school and (if they want, a middle school and a high school), and the other standard stuff like number of bedrooms and garage spaces, etc. I wish all real estate search tools had this like valleymls does in northern Alabama. Without it, I have to read the text and determine if that house is zoned to a target school - and often the elementary school will just read "Capistrano Unified School District" or "Saddleback Valley USD" and provide no particular school. So then I have to use these:

Attendance Boundary Maps

No big deal...but the technology is there, I wish it was used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,394 times
I have been searching for a vacation condo on the beach in Newport for over five years...I have been searching and talking to www.metroestates.com/ ...As a OC. property owner and a real estate proffesional in Denver Colorado--I have been satisfied...not a super slick webb site--but it's a reliable up to date search for the local MLS....have to sign in to log on, but I don't receive a lot of spam like some sites....California Coldwell Banker, and Laguna Properties are also decent.....

Old 01-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I have been searching for a vacation condo on the beach in Newport for over five years...I have been searching and talking to www.metroestates.com/ ...As a OC. property owner and a real estate proffesional in Denver Colorado--I have been satisfied...not a super slick webb site--but it's a reliable up to date search for the local MLS....have to sign in to log on, but I don't receive a lot of spam like some sites....California Coldwell Banker, and Laguna Properties are also decent.....
Can it filter on schools?

Is it better than redfin?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Can it filter on schools?

Is it better than redfin?
I just got on the site didn't see a school search function... not saying they don't have one--just have never seen that function on the site--you might play yourself...I also agree with fellow poster that prudential.com is pretty good at least they were a year ago when I looked there...I have never used redfin--perhaps I will check it out...I have not looked for schools on any California site---sorry I have not been helpful...I have seen your posts before ---guess your a long time California guy--maybe you'lle head home from the south..

Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I just got on the site didn't see a school search function... not saying they don't have one--just have never seen that function on the site--you might play yourself...I also agree with fellow poster that prudential.com is pretty good at least they were a year ago when I looked there...I have never used redfin--perhaps I will check it out...I have not looked for schools on any California site---sorry I have not been helpful...I have seen your posts before ---guess your a long time California guy--maybe you'lle head home from the south..
redfin shows price history, foreclosures, sales data, school info (for a particular property but not as a search filter), and birds eye view from the outlinks....pretty good package of features from one site...one stop shop.

No, we're still happy in Huntsville, lots of jobs, prices stable, no traffic, good schools. But, the weather isn't as good (few places are) and my wife and my parents are in Agoura Hills and Calabasas so we still "live virtually" via City Data in Southern California. Plus the Southern California (LA, OC, and CA) City Data forums are ten times more interesting than Huntsville.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:57 PM

114 posts, read 471,936 times
www.searchpoint(e)? .net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County