Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,251,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin
It's no wonder some people on here like to give out Reading Comprehension Lessons.
Are they affiliated with the Irvine Gangs that hang around the Irvine Spectrum (next to Wetzel Pretzel) looking menacing yet not engaging in criminal activity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,382 times
Santa ana might have its ups and downs like any other city yet its not surrounded by racist..its not the mexicans with the problem here its those crooket cops that can't leave anything at peace...

Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaAnaChicanita View Post
Santa ana might have its ups and downs like any other city yet its not surrounded by racist..its not the mexicans with the problem here its those crooket cops that can't leave anything at peace...

Intersting. Are you saying that there are no racists in Santa Ana? Are you trying to asserts that Hispanics are never racist? Or perhaps by "surrounded by" you are syaing that there ae no racists int he cities surrounding Santa Ana.

Either way I do not think that your position can be supported.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 PM

3 posts, read 16,564 times
I live in Santa Ana, and always have. I live right by Santa Ana College. I'm white and I love Santa Ana.

It makes me feel alienated when I'm around people that talk badly about the city (I work in Newport Beach). When I was younger it was much more dangerous, but these days there has been MUCH progress, and I feel pretty safe. I still wouldn't walk around at night, but outside of that I do feel safe.

Santa Ana College is full of a lot of hard working students that are struggling financially, but keep at it anyway. I realized this when I received a scholarship and met some of the other scholarship winners. Many worked two jobs, or lived with their elderly family members trying to support their whole family whilst building their education, and I think that this is overlooked, and our citizens are undervalued because of stereotypes and generalizations.

It makes me very aware of class differences in Orange County, and at times a bit bitter toward those that don't realize the luxuries they have in more well-to-do communities. I went to Santiago Canyon college as well and I found many of the students (not all of course) to be very spoiled and ungrateful for their chance at a cheap means of education that I'd often hear their parents paid for. The classes at SCC seemed more like high school classes, while the ones held at SAC were taken more seriously, because the students recognized the privilege and opportunity community college offers. SAC isn't in perfect shape, but it's a humble, well meaning institution that serves many of us that can't afford to immediately jump into university, though we may equally merit the honor of those that take it for granted.

I feel like more people should volunteer in Santa Ana and see what our community really is instead of thinking of us as merely a city of greedy immigrants and slobs. Remember that through out American history immigrants have been treated poorly and abused, and it would be very good of you to recognize this, and to not blame them for our low quality of living, but to seek to understand it as it is merely a different culture that is often misunderstood. Santa has great character that is overlooked because we notice more the monetary achievements of other cities in that they are well maintained and are appealing to look at, but there is more to a city than how it looks, though ideally, I would, of course, like my city to be improved for the benefit of its citizens.

Last edited by catgrenade; 12-03-2010 at 11:45 PM..

Old 03-05-2011, 08:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,156 times
Default SAPD Poor Police Services

Before you move into Santa Ana you should know that police services usually are poor. If you're a victim of crime don't count on the Santa Ana Police to do anything for you. Under the leadership of Police Chief Paul Walters the Santa Ana Police have been trained over the years to ignore as much "actual" crime as possible so that their statistics of "reported" crime is lower. Police Officers hate to write reports anyway so in Santa Ana they'll gladly turn a blind eye to it, or even talk you out of it. If you're vandalized, for instance, they'll tell you that it's not worth reporting because your insurance will go up. Or if you know who did it they'll tell you to go sue them in civil court instead. The very fact that they have this policy adds to the "actual" crime because the crooks and hoodlums know that the police do little or nothing. It's cheaper to live in Santa Ana, but it's a cruddy town overall. You're better off (and safer) in just about any other city.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Ana? How bad is it? View Post
Someone very special to me is moving into Santa Ana from Irvine because its more affordable. I have heard BAD things! 3 young men, what is thier fate? I am worried. They come from Nor Cal.

santa ana is bad if you make it bad. thats all. get in with the dope, and gangs. you fucc up ur ass is dead. just stay legit. if u walka round gangs be a lil ***** unless u down for a 187

Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theleatherman View Post
Before you move into Santa Ana you should know that police services usually are poor. If you're a victim of crime don't count on the Santa Ana Police to do anything for you. Under the leadership of Police Chief Paul Walters the Santa Ana Police have been trained over the years to ignore as much "actual" crime as possible so that their statistics of "reported" crime is lower. Police Officers hate to write reports anyway so in Santa Ana they'll gladly turn a blind eye to it, or even talk you out of it. If you're vandalized, for instance, they'll tell you that it's not worth reporting because your insurance will go up. Or if you know who did it they'll tell you to go sue them in civil court instead. The very fact that they have this policy adds to the "actual" crime because the crooks and hoodlums know that the police do little or nothing. It's cheaper to live in Santa Ana, but it's a cruddy town overall. You're better off (and safer) in just about any other city.

If you believe this, I want to sell you my bridge to Catalina Island. I will give you a really good price because I need to get out of it in order to go back to school. However it has been a really good investment for me. You can charge tolls and make a lot of money. I will price it for a quick sale and sell it to you for $50,000 cash only. Interested?

Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 PM

PS: SAPD is an execellent police force but they are shorthanded and overworked right now. Not too long ago police forces from other cities used to send people to Santa Ana to see how they accomplished so much so fast. they did it by working withthe community and with other agencies in the government. It is unfortunate that the city government is intersted only in their own political careers and no longer working to improve the city, but the police force is still good, just too small.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:54 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
but the police force is still good, just too small.
Sergeant John Alfred Aguilar | Santa Ana Police Department, California

Nino Johnny was one of the good ones. His daughter married a SAPD too.

Trust me, the people working for them are great, and are trying.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:45 AM

85 posts, read 151,037 times
The area near to South Coast Plaza is not that bad. But I didn't like it. It's over crowded. I'd never ever move to Santa Ana. No way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County