Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 11:21 PM

158 posts, read 156,530 times

Advertisements

Nearly every thread turns or ends on someone pulling from the far right bashing my state because we know there’s no crime or cons in red states, they have it all figured out. Or someone from the left complaining about gentrification. So people like me who don’t care much about either political party and is able to afford coastal California comfortably get tired of this non sense and stop visiting the forums. I find the search option a valuable feature because I can go in the past and research on particular areas without the political non sense Trump brought over in 2016!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2022, 07:57 AM

176 posts, read 213,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune D View Post
Nearly every thread turns or ends on someone pulling from the far right bashing my state because we know there’s no crime or cons in red states, they have it all figured out. Or someone from the left complaining about gentrification. (Not nearly the negative knock you are giving the red right). So people like me who don’t care much about either political party and is able to afford coastal California comfortably (Elitist much?) get tired of this non sense and stop visiting the forums. I find the search option a valuable feature because I can go in the past and research on particular areas without the political non sense Trump brought over in 2016!
Lol, you are clearly not political at all. In what world do think this is perfect, spectrum-center? "...people who don't care much about either political party"

You appear to be what is called a "California Centrist. That really means somewhere between liberal and radical progressive, and not near the center at all.

FWIW, I've owned 2 homes in Monarch Beach for nearly 2 decades (on the ocean side of PCH). Being "able to afford coastal California comfortably" does not give your post more credence.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:16 PM

53 posts, read 90,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Very true. City data seems also to have been hijacked predominantly by the Q-anon crowd (not 100%). At some point, it just gets boring talking to a wall.
Try talking to your own mirror. I'm sure you won't get bored doing that.

Old 03-28-2022, 09:28 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,497,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyStills View Post
Lol, you are clearly not political at all. In what world do think this is perfect, spectrum-center? "...people who don't care much about either political party"

You appear to be what is called a "California Centrist. That really means somewhere between liberal and radical progressive, and not near the center at all.

Tho it’s wayyy different to not be political at all…or just not want to fight or have the time to get about politics in City Data. It’s older too. IMO posts like this totally explain thread activity tho^^…because ppl are super quick to jump into it.

edit: AND you’re even the O.P. who asked the question.

Last edited by TashaPosh; 03-28-2022 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-28-2022, 08:05 PM

121 posts, read 156,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosbyStills View Post

FWIW, I've owned 2 homes in Monarch Beach for nearly 2 decades (on the ocean side of PCH). Being "able to afford coastal California comfortably" does not give your post more credence.
Well you got that right! Considering the California Legislature is essentially a Veto Proof Radical Super Majority that operates in a windowless echo chamber I'd say its aiming for a Trotskyville utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County