Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 PM

10 posts, read 37,563 times

Advertisements

I am a 24 year old, single, graphic designer/musician moving to Orange County from San Francisco. I'm moving for a job. I'd love to be someplace that has a lot going on for young people. I know nothing will match up to San Francisco, but I'd like a good feel of local culture and young people. I plan to live a laid back lifestyle and would like to be close to the water. I had been considering San Clemente and Dana Point. Any thoughts on these locations? One over the other?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Just a question, why are those places your 2 choices? Close to work?

My first thought of young area on the beach is Huntington Beach, it is pretty laid back, but not slow like San Clemente or Dana Point, those are pretty slow.

The good thing about living San Clemente is that you are probably 1 hour from San Diego and the GasLamp district is very cool. San Diego can also provide for some culture that is missing from OC.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 AM

10 posts, read 37,563 times
I picked those because they are closer to work and as I drove through the different cities, I found those the most beautiful. I guess a lot of my future coworkers live around there. But I do think I will end up missing the fast paced city. Maybe Huntington could be nice, because its faster and closer to LA?

Old 06-01-2008, 03:31 PM

4 posts, read 10,916 times
Find a city that best matches your values. It's like throwing a republican in the heart of San Francisco and expecting him to be happy- he'll go nuts.

Question: Do you see yourself closely similar the people from San Fran? If so, then I would HIGHLY suggest NOT to move to S. O.C. You want culture? The ONLY culture you'll find down in this pretentious area is a materialistic culture where people like to pride themselves as church-goers, who apparently, value material 'thing's' rather than actual human beings.

If you want something similar to San Francisco.. I would say Santa Monica is your best choice.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:41 PM

19 posts, read 57,157 times
If you want a good place for young people Newport Beach has the best bar scene. I am a young Realtor who has lived in Newport for 5 years. I love it for going out to bars or clubs. There is always something to do. However, it has no cultural diversity like in San Francisco. I guess one of your criteria is better than none! Orange County will not be able to fulfill both. Email me if you have any other questions.
ericreingen@pruoc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County