Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 AM

17 posts, read 111,418 times

Advertisements

anybody know anything about these cities, and their communities? i have some interest in buying a house there to start a family...seems like they have decent houses and good schools as well. anybody lives there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,339,200 times
Both are very nice areas. Hot in the summer though. And the 91 freeway sucks big time if you're trying to get anywhere between 6-10am or 3-8pm. You might also look in parts of northeast Orange too. Very similar to YL and AH.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,823,011 times
Those are both wonderful communities. It's the pricier end of town, but very nice. I lived in the hills of Yorba Linda just across the freeway from Anaheim Hills for 16 years. We were out past Weir Canyon a couple of miles, about as far out as you can get and still be in YL.
Great neighborhoods, little if any crime. I hear good things about the schools, but no first hand information since my kid was in college by the time we moved there. I have nothing negative to say about the area, I moved after I retired, and wanted a slower pace with less expense. I don't see how one could go wrong buying in either neighborhood

Old 07-12-2008, 01:04 PM

17 posts, read 111,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Both are very nice areas. Hot in the summer though. And the 91 freeway sucks big time if you're trying to get anywhere between 6-10am or 3-8pm. You might also look in parts of northeast Orange too. Very similar to YL and AH.
yeah i am afraid of traffic, also they're close to the toll road. that means we have to pay to get through everyday. I work in irvine, so my guess is that the commuite should be around 40min.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:55 PM

301 posts, read 1,506,296 times
Apparently, Yorba Linda is the highest income city in the United States.

Money: Yorba Linda is richest U.S. city | linda, yorba, newport, income, median - OCRegister.com

It's kind of an unusual city for it's size (pop. 60,000). There are no high schools in Yorba Linda. No movie theaters. They pay the Brea police to patrol their streets because they don't have their own police department. And they recently disbanded their community foundation because of lack of interest and donations.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:24 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,698,917 times
good area, good schools, good amount of youth activities(pop warner is very large in YL), just a bit warmer in the summer than the coast and traffic isnt the greatest

Old 07-12-2008, 05:41 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,339,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post
I've heard that before. I heard its because there's no apartments to drag down the median income.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:54 PM

330 posts, read 1,310,888 times
Default Yorba Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDuke View Post

Money: Yorba Linda is richest U.S. city | linda, yorba, newport, income, median - OCRegister.com

It's kind of an unusual city for it's size (pop. 60,000). There are no high schools in Yorba Linda. No movie theaters. They pay the Brea police to patrol their streets because they don't have their own police department. And they recently disbanded their community foundation because of lack of interest and donations.
Good post. I guess no one else could come up with anything less than good about Yorba Linda. No High School, PD or community foundation. That's too bad.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 AM

4,988 posts, read 9,968,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
And the 91 freeway sucks big time if you're trying to get anywhere between 6-10am or 3-8pm.
Actually pretty much sucks 24/7 365

Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 PM

365 posts, read 1,415,490 times
Both are great cities. Yorba Linda high school kids go to Placentia, just down the street. There are plenty of elementary and middle schools in Yorba Linda. Its so clean, quiet, and has a great communal feel. Our office is right in the heart of Yorba Linda and everyone is so nice. The biggest dispute recently was that a resident extended their fence that cut off one of the horse trails. Gangs no, shootings no, riots no, but complaints over a fence yes. It is an awesome place to raise children. Anaheim Hills is also very beautiful and has much to offer. You'll love it here. A little excluded, yet close to everything. Plus, there are ways around the 91, which isn't always terrible, just most of the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County