U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2008, 05:56 AM

6 posts, read 9,506 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
I'm Francesco, i live in Livorno Italia.first of all sorry if my english "sucks"..
the first time i stayed in OC was in 2004(for vacation), and i felt something special place there and i promised to came back again to myselfand so after 4 years i wille arrive in OC nex august(the 3th) and spend 22 day there!!!
i really love surfing sure, but i will want to look around OC,through LA and SD, another time.
My dream:
I have a girlfriend(32 years old, like me) and we desire to stay in SoCAL a couple of years, but i think it's difficult find a serious job from here(obviously we haven't visa or green card).I'm a tlc engineer, and i work as project manager and business development for an italian company in Livorno (designing and producting of electronic boards for automation). i think that the better solution is finding an Italian company who has a little company in OC. so can you tell me anymore about finding a job for me, any idea about "job search channel"?.My girlfriend is a primary school teacher.
Thanks in advance
Francesco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:38 PM

6,219 posts, read 11,865,817 times
vespas are becoming very popular here, maybe could get a job with vespa and transfer to california. by the way, people in california LOVE european accents, as well as australian/new zealand accents! I have yet to figure out why this is, but Europe is extremely exoticized here which probably has something to do with it.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:44 AM

i stayed 1 months in Socal last summer ( 3 weeks in San Clemente at Calafia INN) and surfed lots of time at trestles, t-street and so on. i really want to relocate there.
My desire is finding a job opportunity in SoCal, but i know problems about working visa and so on..
Can anyone give me any suggestion?Pleaseeee

Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,941,777 times
Find an Italian company with an office here... You may not realize this but CA is experiencing very high unemployment right now, and US companies are hesitant to hire and sponser internationals. It's a very xenophobic society.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 AM

615 posts, read 1,397,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco75 View Post
Hi all,
I'm Francesco, i live in Livorno Italia.first of all sorry if my english "sucks"..
the first time i stayed in OC was in 2004(for vacation), and i felt something special place there and i promised to came back again to myselfand so after 4 years i wille arrive in OC nex august(the 3th) and spend 22 day there!!!
i really love surfing sure, but i will want to look around OC,through LA and SD, another time.
My dream:
I have a girlfriend(32 years old, like me) and we desire to stay in SoCAL a couple of years, but i think it's difficult find a serious job from here(obviously we haven't visa or green card).I'm a tlc engineer, and i work as project manager and business development for an italian company in Livorno (designing and producting of electronic boards for automation). i think that the better solution is finding an Italian company who has a little company in OC. so can you tell me anymore about finding a job for me, any idea about "job search channel"?.My girlfriend is a primary school teacher.
Thanks in advance
Francesco
come and visit more often, enjoy the sun and surf but living here in your situation might not be as easy as you think.
There are problems finding work here for the locals, you don`t even have a work permit or a Green Card. Your american dream could turn sour without proper identification and permanent residency.
Remember, besides illegal immigrants from Mexico there are illegals from Canada, Ireland, Australia etc.....all nationalities are being treated equally in the US. US immigration law applies to all people regardless of their country of origin....to give you an example there are Deportation Officers of mexican origin working for the US government deporting canadian and mexican nationals out of US...lol!
Good Luck!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:52 PM

it's ok, i'm not able to explain my plans..ok i try again...
i wish relocating in OC(or SD) County, but only with an avalaible work permits, visa, and so on..i don't think i have spoken about illegal solutions.. i was in USA last summer, but now i'm here in Italy, because i'm looking for a serious solution..i'm 33 engineer with a family in future, no way for foolish!!! what i don't understand if the reason of your responses, italian guys, who belong your comunities say me different..maybe they know italian situation or maybe they are more motivated, because they obtained something as you won when you were born..
meanwhile i cross my fingers...

Old 12-20-2008, 03:29 AM

3,844 posts, read 8,257,852 times
Orange County - Great place to vacation! Terrible place to live and work! (unless you are a millionaire)

Old 12-20-2008, 04:25 AM

39 posts, read 93,494 times
Francesco,

Unless you obtain a green card/visa or a job offer (which may be possible since you have a unique skill) it will be difficult to find a job in your field. However, there are large Italian communities in SoCal and you could still find a way here. Like your Italian friends said, it is not impossible. But you will need to be prepared to work in a restaurant, etc. at first until you get settled in.

My friend from Bologna recently moved to LA and she is making it work. However, her boyfriend has a friend that they lived with at first. You may be better starting in a larger city or tourist destination.

I would wait until the job market gets better though.

Ciao....

Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 AM

214 posts, read 651,010 times
Grass is always greener...most folks in OC wish they lived in Italy. Maybe setup a trade with a Newport Coast family where you can assume their OC life for a year and they live in Italy for a year. We document it and sell it to FOX. Deal?

Old 12-24-2008, 01:44 AM

615 posts, read 1,397,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipxe View Post
Grass is always greener...most folks in OC wish they lived in Italy. Maybe setup a trade with a Newport Coast family where you can assume their OC life for a year and they live in Italy for a year. We document it and sell it to FOX. Deal?
eclipxe....most of Italy is a dump...lots of historic sites but mostly poverty...nice to visit but not to live there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County