Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 11:08 AM

98 posts, read 427,745 times

Advertisements

We live in Lake Forest & have AT&T----UGH!!!!!! Signal is poor at my home & many other places. Of COURSE you have rollover minutes---you could NEVER use all the minutes because you can't get a signal when you need it. Our contract is up soon & I definitely don't want AT&T again.

So what's a GOOD cell phone service for this area???? I was thinking Verizon; when my husband traveled a lot he had that, & he never had a problem.... Suggestions much apprecaited!!! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
Verizon seems to do very well in so cal.. they have much better indoors reception in suburban areas(probably more coverage of lower bands).

I'm considering Sprint myself, but that is more of a pricing issue for the package I want

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 AM

395 posts, read 1,716,350 times
I second Verizon. Great coverage all over the lower 48 and the pretty fair in Alaska.Through an agreement w/one of the locals, fair in Canada w/a craveat.
You must make apply prior to entering Canada.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:16 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,232,830 times
I don't know about service in your area, but I've never been happier as a cell phone customer as I am now with T-Mobile. I was with the original AT&T (before it changed to Cingular) for a while, then Sprint, now with T-Mobile. I have the myfaves plan and don't see myself changing companies anytime soon.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:37 AM

543 posts, read 1,900,056 times
I am not sure about that exact area but I have Verizon and NEVER have problems, no matter where I go. I had AT&T until I went to my cousins back east and could not get any reception. She had great coverage with Verizon so I switched right then and there. I came back here and kept Verizon and have never had a problem with reception or dropped calls. (inside or out)
I have been wanting to get the iPhone and of course only AT&T services that phone. Basically that is the only issue I have with Verizon! Good luck making the switch.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:45 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Verizon by a mile.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
I also stand firm by Verizon...it is the Cadillac of the cell phone world in my opinion! I never had any problems with their service in CA or anywhere to be honest!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM

2,498 posts, read 11,434,862 times
I would like Verizon. My husband's cell phone is paid for by his work and they contract with T-Mobile though. The rest of the family got a big discount on our plan for joining a T-Mobile plan when my husabnd got his service through work. I do not like T-Mobile though. I get no service in my dining room, garage, or in half of my backyard. The rest of the house has one or two bars and occasionally just drops service. I also am frustrated because the phone doesn't work at places I go to like the gym, Albertsons, Costco, the Movie Theater, Mission Viejo Mall, the soccer field at my kid's high school, etc.... I think T-Mobile does not do well with all the rolling hills that block reception in South Orange County, but everyone with Verizon has perfect service. I would go with Verizon if I didn't have this deal from T-Mobile.

Customer service at T-Mobile is amazing though. They are very helpful over the phone, while our old AT&T service was horrible.

Old 08-20-2008, 04:46 PM

451 posts, read 1,323,727 times
Like most people in the prior posts, I would highly recommend Verizon. I've had Verzion for 3 years and have had great coverage here in Orange County, all over Southern California, all over California, all over the lower 48 United States. Prior to that I had Sprint. With Sprint, I would have great reception in one neighborhood, then I would drive a block away and have either terrible reception or no reception whatsoever. I have not had that problem with Verizon.

I guess if you want international coverage then you would need AT&T or T-Mobile.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:34 AM

104 posts, read 375,981 times
I live in Irvine and work in Lake Forest and I would say do NOT get T-Mobile, the reception is awful in most parts of both cities, 1-3 bars max it seems...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County