Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 7,791 times

Advertisements

i saw a similar question in the LA Forum but my ticket was for OC

i got a "fix-it" ticket for expired tags on my car, the officer told me any police station could sign off on the ticket, i got my tags that week, went to Whittier PD and Whittier PD told me they don't do that (sign off the ticket) and to wait for a letter from the courts

then i forgot about it (so i never sent in proof)

now i got a letter from the DMV this week saying i have a $519 fine (for my $10 fix it ticket) and my license will be suspended

so now i have to go appear in OC Courts to beg for a reduction ... anyone have any experience with this? is a reduction likely? how much of a reduction? even paying half of this fine is a going to be really really tough

it's the courthouse in Santa Ana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 12:08 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,686,686 times
you should have a receipt for the transaction. i would bring it and hope it will help to show that you had registered and paid any late fees already in registration.

i had to goto the CHP(or maybe it was county sherriff?) to get my tag fix-it cleared. went down by the long beach courthouse to do mine

Old 09-13-2008, 02:39 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,395,475 times
Interesting. I would have figured that any police officer could have signed-off on the ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County