U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM

336 posts, read 1,254,620 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone who lives near Anaheim that might be willing to go take some photo's for me???

I lived in Anaheim back in 1964 when it was a very nice city. I grew up in Orange County and really miss it, but I know that it has changed very much since I moved to Minnesota in 1966.

I am wondering if I might be able to find someone who could take some pictures of an old apartment building where I lived right after high school. I saw a picture on the birds eye view map and it looks as though the pool has been filled in and they don't appear to be very nice anymore. But I would love to get some pictures anyway, since I never took any then and I am trying to put together a book of my life.

The address of the building is 119 and 125 S Fahrion Place. You enter Fahrion from Broadway - it is a culdesac. Its just a long shot but I have no relatives left in California anymore.

If anyone wants to email me directly the address is:
scootiehammond@aol.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 12:56 PM

11,715 posts, read 35,982,006 times
Did you look on live.com's maps? Their birds eye is pretty good. I just checked it out and it looks like a place I'd get my camera stolen.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:02 PM

I know, it doesn't look too great. But if I was out there I would go do it. I also saw that 4 of the buildings are up for sale - that might take awhile unless someone really needs a "write off".

I just thought I would ask - there might be someone who lives nearby that might do it.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,035 times
Why not see if the Anaheim PD could grab a few shots with their dashcams..lol when they are out on a call to that location?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:45 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,775,579 times
The entire complex is perfectly visible on Google Street View. I don't think somebody with a camera could get any better pictures. Why not just take a screen shot off of Street View?

* Sorry, I just realized that this is yet another very old thread that got bumped up by a new poster. I'll leave the post though in case you still care.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 PM

Desert Angel 61 - that is a pretty funny thought. I actually had someone take some photo's of it for me a couple months ago - looks pretty rough.

C2ShiningC : I did look at those but not sure how old those actually are - anyway - thanks for the suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County