Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:02 AM

619 posts, read 2,160,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Now its the white people that had better be out of down by sunset.
sooo funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM

619 posts, read 2,160,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja T View Post
1970s - 1990s Anaheim: East Anaheim was the nice, affluent area. Downtown Anaheim was the nasty, scummy, sketchy, scary area of town and strictly Mexican. There was urban renewal in the late 80s to give the Downtown area a face lift, but the residents ran it down into the ground as soon as it was finished. It is difficult to tell it was ever made over.

Disney owns Anaheim, the city council, mayor and cops. How things are done in Anaheim depends on what Disney Corp wants. Disney owns Disneyland, CA Adventure, part of the Angels stadium, part of the Angels baseball team, the Mighty Ducks (based on a Disney movie) and the Pond where the Ducks play. Disney brings in huge tax dollars to Anaheim so of course they can throw their weight around.

HBPD - has the WORST reputation for all cities in OC for police brutality. The 70s-present are marked by lawsuit after lawsuit for beating people, tasing them while they are cuffed and in the back of car, harassing non-white people who come into the city and running them out.

I had friends of mine who wanted to buy a house in OC. I told them, "You are African-American. You can not buy in HB. It is not allowed. You will be run out on a rail by the cops." They did not believe me. They came to HB to look for a house. They drove around looking at listings and half an hour in the cops started tailing them and did not leave their bumper until they crossed the HB city limits to leave HB. They were shaken and told me later, "We thought you were kidding. Apparently you were telling us the truth." No, duh! You can not be African-American and live in HB free of police harassment. It is not possible!

In the 80s someone called 911 from the sand in HB to say, "There is a black guy down here waving a gun!" The HB police scrambled and they had cops running all over the sand looking for the nonexistent armed man. They found a man from South Africa holding a big radio. The cops shouted to him, "Freeze." He turned around to see what was going on and who they were talking to. He was shot several times with a shotgun blast. Luckily, the radio absorbed a lot of the buckshot and he did not die. He lay on the sand moaning in agony. His wife from Panama screamed and tried to crawl to him. The cops put their boot on the back of her neck and handcuffed her. The wife was taken to jail. The wounded man was taken to the hospital and then jail. A judge ordered the woman freed at her hearing. The man was never tried for carrying a gun because "the gun" was a radio. The couple sued HB City and the police department, but they lost. The judge said, "You are not a citizen. You are not entitled to sue." This does not seem like a fair legal finding to me. Who said you must be a citizen to sue for police brutality, unlawful detention and attempted murder? Who made that rule? Last I recall that was not the rule. This set off public unrest, protests, mobs screaming at the police/spitting on the police and massive backlash against the HB mayor, city council and the police. No one was fired. No one quit.

The rest of OC became enraged at what happened in HB, but this is only ONE case. There are MORE! If you were to look into the history of police brutality against whites and non-whites you would see it is heavily weighted to punish those who are non-white. However, you can still have plenty of brutal run ins with the HB cops even if you are white.

HB used to host a big 4th July of bash where the locals got tanked up on pot, alcohol, coke and you name it then they walked around on Main Street, at the Pier at the tents for the surf contests, vendors, food booths and what not on the sand. Some years the people rioted due to being drunk and having run ins with the cops. Cars were set on fire or turned upside and/or both. Sofas were pulled out into the street and set on fire. The streets were burning. Scads on rioters went to jail.

One year there was a bikini contest and a man reached up to the stage and untied the bikini top of a contestant. She was shocked and didn't immediately tie her top so her breasts were showing. The drunk men in front of stage surged onto the stage to grab her breasts. Security tried to keep them at bay, but it was no use. The bikini contest girls ran in all directions to get away. The cops were called to restore order because the men went nuts tearing up the place. The cops came and people ran down the beach with the cops in pursuit. A friend of my sister was lying on the beach on her towel. She was unaware of what was happening. She heard noise so she got up and cop ran up to her and began beating her with his baton. She began to screaming at him, "What are you doing? Why are you doing this?" He replied that she was part of the mob. She told him no she wasn't and that they were standing on her towel. He stopped and ran after other people. She saw the riot on TV when she got home.

The cops used their batons on people that day even though it is forbidden. No one was fired or disciplined. There are no repercussions for being brutal if you are a HB cop. The only recourse a person has it to sue civilly. The OC D.A.'s office does not bring charges against OC cops. They want the cops to help them put people away so they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. If you are roughed up by an OC cop....you can only sue in civil court. You will never see criminal charges brought by the D.A.'s office. No way. The D.A. is not interested in civil rights violations. The only time I have seen the D.A. prosecute for a hate crime is when a gay man was brutalized by a civilian after he came out of a gay bar in Laguna Beach. The man was beaten by 2 college boys with latent homosexual tendencies so they felt threatened by gay men and decided to do some gay bashing that day. The victim had his face smashed into the rocks at the beach over and over and over until his face was like hamburger and he was unrecognizable. The young men went to prison on a hate crime charge, but this kind of crime is rarely tried by the D.A.'s office. I am sure hate crimes happen more often, but the D.A. does not try them. I find this a bit fishy.
"You are not a citizen. You are not entitled to sue."

I find it hard to believe that a Judge would say that since this is an Constitutional right everyone has regardless of immigration status.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM

4,536 posts, read 10,582,803 times
Quote:
I find this a bit fishy.
I find your entire posting a LOT fishy.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 AM
SrE

1 posts, read 2,208 times
Quote:
1970s - 1990s Anaheim: East Anaheim was the nice, affluent area. Downtown Anaheim was the nasty, scummy, sketchy, scary area of town and strictly Mexican. There was urban renewal in the late 80s to give the Downtown area a face lift, but the residents ran it down into the ground as soon as it was finished. It is difficult to tell it was ever made over.

Disney owns Anaheim, the city council, mayor and cops. How things are done in Anaheim depends on what Disney Corp wants. Disney owns Disneyland, CA Adventure, part of the Angels stadium, part of the Angels baseball team, the Mighty Ducks (based on a Disney movie) and the Pond where the Ducks play. Disney brings in huge tax dollars to Anaheim so of course they can throw their weight around.

HBPD - has the WORST reputation for all cities in OC for police brutality. The 70s-present are marked by lawsuit after lawsuit for beating people, tasing them while they are cuffed and in the back of car, harassing non-white people who come into the city and running them out.

I had friends of mine who wanted to buy a house in OC. I told them, "You are African-American. You can not buy in HB. It is not allowed. You will be run out on a rail by the cops." They did not believe me. They came to HB to look for a house. They drove around looking at listings and half an hour in the cops started tailing them and did not leave their bumper until they crossed the HB city limits to leave HB. They were shaken and told me later, "We thought you were kidding. Apparently you were telling us the truth." No, duh! You can not be African-American and live in HB free of police harassment. It is not possible!

In the 80s someone called 911 from the sand in HB to say, "There is a black guy down here waving a gun!" The HB police scrambled and they had cops running all over the sand looking for the nonexistent armed man. They found a man from South Africa holding a big radio. The cops shouted to him, "Freeze." He turned around to see what was going on and who they were talking to. He was shot several times with a shotgun blast. Luckily, the radio absorbed a lot of the buckshot and he did not die. He lay on the sand moaning in agony. His wife from Panama screamed and tried to crawl to him. The cops put their boot on the back of her neck and handcuffed her. The wife was taken to jail. The wounded man was taken to the hospital and then jail. A judge ordered the woman freed at her hearing. The man was never tried for carrying a gun because "the gun" was a radio. The couple sued HB City and the police department, but they lost. The judge said, "You are not a citizen. You are not entitled to sue." This does not seem like a fair legal finding to me. Who said you must be a citizen to sue for police brutality, unlawful detention and attempted murder? Who made that rule? Last I recall that was not the rule. This set off public unrest, protests, mobs screaming at the police/spitting on the police and massive backlash against the HB mayor, city council and the police. No one was fired. No one quit.

The rest of OC became enraged at what happened in HB, but this is only ONE case. There are MORE! If you were to look into the history of police brutality against whites and non-whites you would see it is heavily weighted to punish those who are non-white. However, you can still have plenty of brutal run ins with the HB cops even if you are white.

HB used to host a big 4th July of bash where the locals got tanked up on pot, alcohol, coke and you name it then they walked around on Main Street, at the Pier at the tents for the surf contests, vendors, food booths and what not on the sand. Some years the people rioted due to being drunk and having run ins with the cops. Cars were set on fire or turned upside and/or both. Sofas were pulled out into the street and set on fire. The streets were burning. Scads on rioters went to jail.

One year there was a bikini contest and a man reached up to the stage and untied the bikini top of a contestant. She was shocked and didn't immediately tie her top so her breasts were showing. The drunk men in front of stage surged onto the stage to grab her breasts. Security tried to keep them at bay, but it was no use. The bikini contest girls ran in all directions to get away. The cops were called to restore order because the men went nuts tearing up the place. The cops came and people ran down the beach with the cops in pursuit. A friend of my sister was lying on the beach on her towel. She was unaware of what was happening. She heard noise so she got up and cop ran up to her and began beating her with his baton. She began to screaming at him, "What are you doing? Why are you doing this?" He replied that she was part of the mob. She told him no she wasn't and that they were standing on her towel. He stopped and ran after other people. She saw the riot on TV when she got home.

The cops used their batons on people that day even though it is forbidden. No one was fired or disciplined. There are no repercussions for being brutal if you are a HB cop. The only recourse a person has it to sue civilly. The OC D.A.'s office does not bring charges against OC cops. They want the cops to help them put people away so they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. If you are roughed up by an OC cop....you can only sue in civil court. You will never see criminal charges brought by the D.A.'s office. No way. The D.A. is not interested in civil rights violations. The only time I have seen the D.A. prosecute for a hate crime is when a gay man was brutalized by a civilian after he came out of a gay bar in Laguna Beach. The man was beaten by 2 college boys with latent homosexual tendencies so they felt threatened by gay men and decided to do some gay bashing that day. The victim had his face smashed into the rocks at the beach over and over and over until his face was like hamburger and he was unrecognizable. The young men went to prison on a hate crime charge, but this kind of crime is rarely tried by the D.A.'s office. I am sure hate crimes happen more often, but the D.A. does not try them. I find this a bit fishy.
Really? I've lived here all my life and not once noticed racism from the police or residents..

Old 09-09-2011, 10:07 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,944,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
You will definitely have difficulty finding any publications or printed material that expose Huntington Beach as blatanly racist, as material like that would have been destroyed and swept under the carpet decades ago.

I have lived in this city since I was 5, and I have seen and experienced a fair bit of racism here.

Many people do not believe this story, but in high school. Edison High, one of the American History classes had KKK members come in and give a sermon. They got away with it, and nothing ever happened. If this were to happen in almost any other city in the country, it would have been national news. But they got away with it, mainly due to the predominantly white demographic. And they would have used the first amendment to protect their actions.

I was friends with the only black kid in our elementary school, and was one of less than 2 dozen african americans in jr high and high school, and heard some kids give him death threats. One claimed that his grandfather had killed several african americans and that he was next.

Just last week my neighbors at my apartment complex threw a party, and were sitting on their balcony telling racist black jokes for an hour.

Huntington Beach has an underground skinhead subculture. One of the largest in the country, but underground. You will rarely see them out in their skinhead gear, except on fourth of July, they come out, and have incited riots in the past.

My best friend was attacked by a group of 8 skinheads and had his nose broken because he is hispanic and was dating a white girl. I have also been riding in the car with him when he was pulled over on 3 different occasions for no reason, and was searched. His father was also pulled over and given a ticket because he had a soccer ball keychain hanging from his rear view mirror.

I think a lot of the conservative republicans in huntington beach are closet racists. But I try not to let this get to me. This is still a beautiful and very safe city. Nice weather, clean, nice beaches.
A read back of some of your posts indicate a history of bashing Huntington Beach including the claims to have "black" friends in HB that were harassed and "Mexican" friends that were harassed ...

Old 09-09-2011, 02:36 PM

541 posts, read 858,139 times
This whole thread doesn't feel right to me. I've written plenty of papers and created many "projects" for college classes and not one was allowed with footnotes/research based on "hearsay". The answers given here to the OP's question are based on personal opinions and not always completely factual. I cannot believe a College Professor would be satisfied with this.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,383 times
Default hb racists yes

Hb is most definitely a racists city towards nonwhites. I kno from my own experience working there. I had people threaten to jump me, racial profile me and more. So I decided to change my job location. I'm out! Beautiful Beaches nature created but man down in this city have contaminated it with hate towards race! Its been 50 years since the Civil Rights Movement and Racisim still exists especially in Huntington Beach Ca!

Old 04-19-2014, 08:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,943,976 times
Most of the racists you'll find in HB are "visitors" from the 909. Sure we have our home grown idiots, but most of ALL the trouble the happens here doesn't come from locals.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:51 PM

579 posts, read 758,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams outlaw View Post
Hb is most definitely a racists city towards nonwhites. I kno from my own experience working there. I had people threaten to jump me, racial profile me and more. So I decided to change my job location. I'm out! Beautiful Beaches nature created but man down in this city have contaminated it with hate towards race! Its been 50 years since the Civil Rights Movement and Racisim still exists especially in Huntington Beach Ca!
And?

Old 04-20-2014, 04:56 PM

72,816 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
And?
No should be subjected to hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County