Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM

166 posts, read 380,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnglishman2011 View Post
Sorry for bumping an old thread but it just makes funny reading especially coming from an englishman.

To all the people complaining how its too hot I dare you to come live in england. I guarantee within a few months you will wish you had never left Socal. England has quite possibly the most depressing weather in the world. We can go weeks here without seeing the sun and you can almost guarantee that 90% of the time there will either be grey skies above or it will be raining. Its very depressing weather and that is why summertime is a big deal here. We get two weeks of uninterrupted sunshine a year and temperatures very rarely go above 25C.

You dont realise how good you people have it.

You just described Minnesota weather, except trade the rain for snow. You can literally see the change in the sky, going to gray, when you fly in to the state. Many wonderful things about the state but not the endless days of gray. Someone mentioned solar lights, they are a necessity for a number of people who live here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,343,582 times
Being from back East, when ever I get tired of the sunshine and warm days, I fill up my bathtub with ice water and lay in it with my eyes closed.

It brings back a lot of memories until I almost pass out.

Then I'm good for a couple of more years.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 AM

8 posts, read 20,876 times
come move to Cleveland. We have about 200 days of clouds every year and it's one of the cheapest cities in the country. plus the summers are fun, because everyone is so manic trying not to waste a minute of sunshine.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:07 AM

590 posts, read 1,248,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMidwestMom View Post
You just described Minnesota weather, except trade the rain for snow. You can literally see the change in the sky, going to gray, when you fly in to the state. Many wonderful things about the state but not the endless days of gray. Someone mentioned solar lights, they are a necessity for a number of people who live here.

that's funny and so true...

my sister in law was just visiting...long time Minnesotian..when the topic of weather came up she insisted "it isn't THAT cold in Minnesota"...I nearly choked on my coffee..

Later my hubby told me she is sensitve since everyone badmouths Mn weather...DUH...when you are a Southern Californian..Mn weather is about as bad as it can get...insult NO?? truth YES

Old 04-30-2011, 01:43 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
It's cold in MN... how can she perceive that as an insult?

YOU: "It's very hot and smoggy in the IE in the Summer and Fall."

ME: "Stop badmouthing where I live! I'm leaving in a huff! GOODBYE!"

YOU: "But... it is..."

ME: "I know that. I'm just very sensitive."

Old 04-30-2011, 03:35 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
People in MN just get used to cold weather the way people here get used to paying $300/sq ft for housing.

Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
I can relate to the OP totally. The thing is though that the weather can change more often in LA or Orange County than people will admit. It may go from warm/hot to cooler back to warm/hot and back to cooler weather. It does that often here. Also, the dry heat here in CA isn't all that good for you because when it is a dry heat, you won't know that you are sweating because it is so dry that the sweat evaporates quickly. Dry heat is also not good for the skin, hair and nails. I don't understand why people say that LA/Orange County has perfect weather. It doesn't. What may be perfect for someone else isn't perfect for another person. There is no utopia in terms of weather actually. Good luck to the OP. Texas is actually a nice state

Old 04-30-2011, 04:14 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
when it is a dry heat, you won't know that you are sweating because it is so dry that the sweat evaporates quickly.
Which is how the body cools itself. Problem?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:17 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I can relate to the OP totally. The thing is though that the weather can change more often in LA or Orange County than people will admit. It may go from warm/hot to cooler back to warm/hot and back to cooler weather. It does that often here. Also, the dry heat here in CA isn't all that good for you because when it is a dry heat, you won't know that you are sweating because it is so dry that the sweat evaporates quickly. Dry heat is also not good for the skin, hair and nails. I don't understand why people say that LA/Orange County has perfect weather. It doesn't. What may be perfect for someone else isn't perfect for another person. There is no utopia in terms of weather actually. Good luck to the OP. Texas is actually a nice state
The wild swings from 66 and partly cloudy to 82 and mostly sunny are really extreme, aren't they?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,694,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Which is how the body cools itself. Problem?
It is a problem because if you don't know that you are losing fluids that is VERY dangerous. That was the point I was making. Dry heat = no good for humans. For a long time I thought dry heat was better than humid heat but in reality, they are both hot. The difference is it is better to know you are sweating than to not know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County