Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
tew

209 posts, read 631,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
I was reminded again this morning while driving someone to LAX how much I want OUT of this awful place! It was depressing!

Im sorry you had to got to LAX. I hate going to that airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
tew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Your Mini Pin is adorable! He looks just like mine, except my dog hates snow. He was so happy when we spent time in L.A. I don't think he wanted to go back!

Thanks
I was surprised to see he'd liked the snow so much. We got him in CA but he was born in NE. I guess its in his blood.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 PM

49 posts, read 202,247 times
I try to stay indoors on the hot days. Temperatures tend to get cooler farther south, which is kinda odd. San Diego has a cooler climate than Los Angeles, Orange County is pretty hot; I know this since some of my family live at Fullerton. San Diego is a bit cooler on the climate, but not by that much; we get more fog.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:56 AM

1,539 posts, read 3,179,158 times
I think if I lived in San Diego, I could be happy in SoCal. Too bad hubby works in N.OC so that isn't an option

Old 11-23-2008, 01:24 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,570,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abashi View Post
I try to stay indoors on the hot days. Temperatures tend to get cooler farther south, which is kinda odd. San Diego has a cooler climate than Los Angeles, Orange County is pretty hot; I know this since some of my family live at Fullerton. San Diego is a bit cooler on the climate, but not by that much; we get more fog.
It doesn't get cooler but just the opposite. The closer a city is to the equator the warmer the climate. It is cooler if you live near the beach then it is inland. Santa Monica\ West LA are like Newport Beach\ Laguna Beach\ Oceanside\ San Diego [coastal cities with more AM clouds & cool temps]. Downtown LA is 8 miles from the ocean like Santa Ana\ Tustin\ Mission Viejo\ Escondido\ La Mesa [more sun & warmer]. The further inland like Burbank\ Ontario\ San Bernardino\ Temucula\ El Cajon [hotter]. Then there's the desert but will save that for next lesson

Actually Oceanside is cooler than most coastal cities because of cold air that flows down the mts at night.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:28 PM
tew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
I think if I lived in San Diego, I could be happy in SoCal. Too bad hubby works in N.OC so that isn't an option

I lived in Oceanside for 2 years and if I ever went back to CA, Id look to living only in SD county for sure.

Old 11-23-2008, 02:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,817,986 times
It's a darned good thing everyone has different tastes, or we would have 50 million people living in one small town... Not sure which town that would be....
I've never lived any place I didn't love.. Every place has it's negatives and it's positives...
Enjoy life and stop dwelling on the negatives...

Old 11-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Donn,
I've seen your posts before and I know that you think SoCal is utopia. This forum is for people to state their opinion as well as help people with moving questions. If a post offends you, keep reading until you find a post that you agree with. Don't worry about me not enjoying my life, I enjoy life wherever I am but since I have experienced life in other places, I know what suits ME best. It is not always that easy to just pick up and move to the next place if you don't care for the one you're currently in. That's why people join this forum, to start planning and researching.
Regards.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:38 PM

20 posts, read 39,920 times
I am enjoying this cool spell we are having.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrat View Post
It reminds me of a time, years ago, when prisoners in a Maine prison protested 'No more Lobsters'.
That was funny, I will give you that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County