Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,908,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone and allowing me to vent w/out getting nasty in response. I know it could be worse, but I'm just having a hard time adjusting to no seasons and relatively the same thing everyday. No I don't miss -20 in Anchorage, but I could use some 50-60 temps right now I'm thinking Dallas will be a good fit for my family.
If you like seasons but not too cold you will like the DFW area, we do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,908,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Oh, what I would'nt give for a crisp fall day to play in a pile of leaves on the lawn with my kids, followed by hot chocolate & football.

I never miss the east in the winter, but Fall always makes me yearn for four seasons again.
You would love our beautiful falls days in TX. The leaves are beautiful, the grass is beginning to go dormant, no more lawn mower The evenings and mornings are crisp with great blue skies. Ah paradise.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:44 PM

566 posts, read 1,933,299 times
Never really understood what a "trool" is. Perhaps someone could explain it.

But anyone who complains about SoCal weather can't be serious. It is undoubtedly the best weather in the world. But it does not make up for living in a place where your vote will never count in a one party system, your kids will be brainwashed in school, you'll be taxed to death (if you are a producer and not a taker), you'll hate the crowds and shortage of road lanes and you will witness first hand the invasion of the US from Mexico. But the weather is great.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:47 PM

566 posts, read 1,933,299 times
I forgot one:

Your moral values (especially those with a religious basis) will not just be mocked but scorned. Enjoy the weather.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:15 PM

51 posts, read 239,509 times
What are you people talking about? The weather here is heaven compared to the midwest and the northeast. In the midwest, you have to deal with tornadoes and hail, in the northeast you have to deal with snowstorms and cars crashing into each other after an ice storm.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,179,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo2900 View Post
want affordability, big city, opportunities, beach access, home ownership?
TRY HOUSTON!
On the weather side summers are hell there and winters a little colder than SoCal. Before home prices started to fall here in Cal I wanted to move there. Check out The Woodlands, TX (by Houston)
Good Luck!
I have been to The Woodlands when I was visiting a cousin in Kingwood. I LOVED it there. Dallas is actually on our radar, the suburb of Allen specifically. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
If you like seasons but not too cold you will like the DFW area, we do!
Thanks! I think I will enjoy the weather there a lot , specifically the thunder and rain storms.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobmw View Post
Never really understood what a "trool" is. Perhaps someone could explain it.

But anyone who complains about SoCal weather can't be serious. It is undoubtedly the best weather in the world. But it does not make up for living in a place where your vote will never count in a one party system, your kids will be brainwashed in school, you'll be taxed to death (if you are a producer and not a taker), you'll hate the crowds and shortage of road lanes and you will witness first hand the invasion of the US from Mexico. But the weather is great.
The boring weather can't compensate for the multitude of problems in this place.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,570,406 times
Hope everybody liked today's weather even though it didn't rain but it was 20 degrees cooler than yesterday's 85F. But I hate to bring bad news. Later in the week it will get so hot that it will be as miserable as October! Can't believe another heat wave! December is a much more reliably cool month w/ rain [I hope].

AKgirlinCA I would really love to experience winter in Alaska but wouldn't want to live there. But if you are accustom to cold winters Texas is much better than California. Dallas is at the same latitude as LA but is 10 degrees cooler during winter. They can get an occasional snowfall [though very little] & it freezes at night so puddles become pure ice. Strong wind & several days of cold weather can be followed by a wind shift & warm up like Los Angeles. A much more interesting climate. But Texans suffer through a very hot & humid summer unlike anything we experience in California [except the desert]. Remember the horrible summer of 2006? Temperatures were unbelievable hot [119F San Fernando valley] & almost as humid at the Midwest\South. That is the normal summer in Texas

Minneapolis would be a good compromise: really cold snowy winters but pleasant summer [also humid but much less than Texas.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 AM
tew

209 posts, read 631,171 times
Ok so I lived in OC for over 30 years and I moved to CO 2 years ago and I realized I only had skirts and tank tops. I didnt have anything for colder days. I know what you mean and I wore the same clothes year round. I have family and friends out there and their complaining of it being hot all the time.

Weve been having 50 dregree weather out here and I have warmer clothes now. I send pictures to my friends of the snow we get here and it makes it a little better for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County