Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Where do they expect people to wash cars?
Car washes, which collect and treat the contaminated water rather than letting it wash down the storm drain.

Quote:
Unlike water that enters the sewer (from sinks and toilets), water that enters the storm drain is not treated before entering our waterways. The amount of metals such as copper from brake pads and zinc from tires is increasing in our waterways. These metals are toxic to marine habitat and cause significant damage to our creeks, rivers, bays and ocean. Detergents, even those that are biodegradable, can be harmful to aquatic life.
City of Irvine Environmental Programs | Wash Your Car the Eco-Friendly Way

Also, according to the link, you can wash your car on your lawn, but that might be forbidden by your HOA.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,659 times
Default Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianCalFullertonStudent View Post
I know there's hardly any crime in Irvine. I know that Irvine is one of the safest cities in America. I know that people that live in Irvine are affluent. I know that Irvine is home to one of the UC campus in California. And I know that Irvine has a lucrative tax base because of the Spectrum and restaurants in the area.

But why the hell are the Irvine police department pulling over anybody with just a minor infraction? A broken taillight, old tags, out of state license plates, tinted windows, etc. The other day, my front windows are tinted because I hate having my rear windows tinted, but not my front windows, and a cop from the corrupt Irvine Police Department pulled me over. He causally walked over to my window, taking this donuts eating time and asked my to rolled down my window. He proceeded to explain to me about the laws about having my front windows tinted and that is a violation of California Penal code something something. He told him that there's millions of cars in SoCal that have their windows tinted. He replied that I was unlucky victim and give me a ticket. After he walked back to his car, I rolled up my windows and said, fu to him.
Aren't we a spoiled and misinformed scofflaw!

The police officer was doing the correct thing. More enforcement and follow up re window tinting should be done for the obvious reasons.

irvine is the safest city in the country and yet has a modest ratio of police per 1000 citizens. That suggests effective policing.
Affluence? Pretty modest incomes per family, actually. Very small upper middle class, mostly middle to lower middle. 9.6% at povert level. Highly mixed racially with a lower than hoped for black population.

I woud substitute that repeated "mad" with "spoiled and entitled".

Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,659 times
Default Facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux&Reflux View Post
You can get a ticket for washing your car on the street in Irvine too. That's because Irvine, CA is a backwaters, racist sh*thole. Sure it's safe: so was nazi Germany.
Would you like to back up the racist remark?

Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 7,317 times
I am a business owner in Irvine. We were robbed. Irvine police department was unable to do anything. Yet they excel at giving expensive tickets to bicyclists and stopping pedestrians. I do not live in Irvine and have a very respectible career. Have never been arrested and have a great credit score. Why do they harass me? Extortion!! Moderator cut: Removed link to personal data

Last edited by bhcompy; 01-20-2013 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
....what did they do to harass you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM

Stop me when I'm getting to or from work. Why do I go throught their city? I don't know, guess I'm stupid. I should move my business as well, maybe some will follow. I'm livid!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrvineExtortion View Post
I am a business owner in Irvine. We were robbed. Irvine police department was unable to do anything. Yet they excel at giving expensive tickets to bicyclists and stopping pedestrians. I do not live in Irvine and have a very respectible career. Have never been arrested and have a great credit score. Why do they harass me? Extortion!!
Thats not even the City of Irvine website ....

Last edited by bhcompy; 01-20-2013 at 01:08 PM..

Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 AM

Check out the names... They are all there!!!! Very detailed... I never said it was the official Irvine website. Of course the Irvine site won't disclose these things. Thank GOD for freedom of speech and of the press. We need all the information we can get.

Last edited by IrvineExtortion; 01-20-2013 at 01:43 AM..

Old 01-20-2013, 01:25 AM

It's hosted on a site dedicated to bad mouthing Irvine. Not credible. End of discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 01-20-2013, 02:06 AM

Discussion continues.... Monkey closes ears... Just because it's not an "offical site" doesn't mean it's not credible. "Official sites" are skewed as well. Check out the document. I'm not promoting the site. I've had many experiences with Irvine. Been around half a century. I'm a junior member to this site, but have seen Irvine police ethics for years.

Last edited by IrvineExtortion; 01-20-2013 at 02:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County