Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 AM

241 posts, read 939,626 times

Advertisements

Not so sure about Garden Grove but its not like next door Santa Ana. Seems like alot of places of Garden Grove can be a lot like most of OC excluding one or two cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciously View Post
Not so sure about Garden Grove but its not like next door Santa Ana. Seems like alot of places of Garden Grove can be a lot like most of OC excluding one or two cities.
Well, Santa Ana is the worst in the county.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 12,381 times
i Dunno what to say....

Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

p.s. Santa is not the worst!

Its Texas!1!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM

I mean Santa Ana!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Actually, that's the third time I've used those joke photos. I've posted the same pictures for Colorado Springs and Huntsville gangstas and those forums.
Be careful Charles! Even if one of those grannies wouldn't bust a cap in you, they might still sue you for damaging their public image by publishing their photo without their consent! Hey, this is CA after all even a gangsta could sue an upstanding citizen based on ridiculous charges and win.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:18 PM

92 posts, read 267,498 times
Hawaiian Gardens and Stanton both had major gang problems when I lived in the area. Ever hear of Crow Village? Those guys would kill you for looking at them wrong. Then again when you are 10 miles from Compton what do you expect?

South OC has its share of gang problems as well. You have the asians (AKP), the mexicans (SJC), and the white guys (various San Clemente gangs). The South OC gangs do seem to be less violent overall, but murders still do occur.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman420 View Post
Hawaiian Gardens and Stanton both had major gang problems when I lived in the area. Ever hear of Crow Village? Those guys would kill you for looking at them wrong. Then again when you are 10 miles from Compton what do you expect?

South OC has its share of gang problems as well. You have the asians (AKP), the mexicans (SJC), and the white guys (various San Clemente gangs). The South OC gangs do seem to be less violent overall, but murders still do occur.

Irine also has some gang activity, including askinhead nazi gang amongst others. They are everywhere. But the overall problem is no where close to LA.

Santa Ana had its gang problem reduced for a time, but then they guted the gang un8t and now they are back. Santa Ana was once the safest city of its size nthe US and Westminister, Garden Grove and several other cities had a worse gang problem. Remember Clitnon's 100,000 cops onthe streetprogram? Santa Ana got a lot of that money and made good use of it. It cdid nto last however because someone realized that somone had to pay for all that spending. Too bad.

Anyway, even with the resurgence, the gang problem in Santa Ana is no wher enear as bad as many parts of LA county.

Why do you call it "the OC" but not "the LA" If you want to sound like a Hammer Schlammer ad (or whatever that company is call that puts a "The" before all of their products) then you need to use your "The"everywhere. anyway The LA definitiely has a worse gang problem as does The San Diego. Even The Riverside and The San Bernardino is worse.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Why do you call it "the OC" but not "the LA" If you want to sound like a Hammer Schlammer ad (or whatever that company is call that puts a "The" before all of their products) then you need to use your "The"everywhere. anyway The LA definitiely has a worse gang problem as does The San Diego. Even The Riverside and The San Bernardino is worse.
I don't know if this portion of your post was directed at me, but I make sure not to use the word "the" in front of OC. It is not the Orange County it is just Orange County. I think that lame TV show The OC still has some people calling OC "The OC".

Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM

Here is an excellent report on gang violence in OC. The report is from 2000 so some areas may have gotten better and other areas may have gotten worse, but it is by far the best report on gang violence in OC that I could find on the web.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/181242.pdf

Here is a paragraph that I found very interesting:

There were 3,600 gang-related incidents reported to the GITS (Gang Incident Tracking System) database in 1994, 3,407 in 1995, 3,408 in 1996, and 3,227 in 1997. Of these incidents, the majority of gang-related crimes committed each year were violent crimes—45.2 percent, 46.9 percent, 53.8 percent, and 48.9 percent, respectively. Vandalism/graffiti was the next most frequent gang-related crime during this four-year period (23.4 percent, 21.3 percent, 21 percent, and 31.6 percent, respectively), followed by weapons violations (15.1 percent, 16.1 percent, 15.3 percent, and 11.7 percent, respectively) and property crimes (13.7 percent, 12.5 percent, 6.9 percent and 6.3 percent, respectively), and narcotic sales (2.6 percent, 3.3 percent, 3.0 percent, and 1.5 percent, respectively).”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County