Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM

1,539 posts, read 3,177,286 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to rent a room out in our townhouse for almost a month. I have an ad on craigslist and have only had 2 replies, neither of which panned out. Is anyone else having trouble renting out a room or finding a roommate? I'm wondering if there is just too much available and not enough people looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 04:11 PM

24 posts, read 51,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
I have been trying to rent a room out in our townhouse for almost a month. I have an ad on craigslist and have only had 2 replies, neither of which panned out. Is anyone else having trouble renting out a room or finding a roommate? I'm wondering if there is just too much available and not enough people looking.
Hey. I would be interested in finding out more. I know you replied in my thread about relocating here and starting my new job. Are you open to male roomates? Where is your townhouse located?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:15 PM

It is my husband and I, and yes we are open to male roommates. We have one now but he is moving to Austin,TX at the end of Feb. due to work relocation.
The townhouse is 2 stories.
Dual master (each bedroom has a full bath attached and the room has a walk-in closet
It is located in south OC in Wagon Wheel Canyon which is near MV,Ladera,RSM & Coto de Caza
Ceiling fans in the bedrooms & living room
all tile downstairs
all new stainless steel appliances in the kitchen
new washer & dryer upstairs in between the bedrooms
backyard with grassy area , beautiful view and patio area
very quiet neighbors
we are hoping to get about $750 for the room which includes all utilities, wireless internet & cable
what am I missing?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:32 PM

24 posts, read 51,656 times
Wow, that sounds like a great deal. From where you are located, how far of a commute would I have to UCI during peak times? I spend a lot of time on the internet, so having cable and internet included is a big plus for me. If you'd like, lets talk about this more in email. I'll send you a private message with my address.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,018,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post

If I were you I would not look for a roommate on craigslist, geez one girl met a guy on there and she has never been seen since (this was in Ca) are you trying to be next??

Anyway, I would see if your local collage has a listing where you can post an add that you have an available room for rent or you can pay to put an add on roomates.com this way you should get a better quality person instead of some smuck of the street. I would only use CL for buying tires and stuff like that.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM

637 posts, read 3,226,396 times
[quote=Morphous01;7267486]If I were you I would not look for a roommate on craigslist, geez one girl met a guy on there and she has never been seen since (this was in Ca) are you trying to be next??

I would have to agree with this; majority of people using Craigslist are scammers and derelicts

Old 12-21-2009, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,983 times
Question interested in renting from you

How much are you asking in rent? I can only afford 400 per month. If interested you can email me at Agp8teen@aol.com with details

Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 5,983 times
Id rent from you. How muchare you asking?

Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 AM

LOL. I see my thread from almost one year ago got revived. We don't even live in OC anymore. Moved out to the IE due to hubby's work relocation. So glad I got out of OC good luck to both of you finding a room to rent...check craigslist or the penny saver.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,287 times
Pls email me @ [email]swt_princess753@yahoo.com[/email]
I'm very interested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County