U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,662 times

Advertisements

Is Garden Grove Medical Center (GG California) the same hospital that used to be
Palm Harbor Hospital (California) ? My daughter was born at Palm Harbor
Hospital in 1980. Was P H Hospital in Garden Grove,Calif? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 09:29 PM

3 posts, read 5,969 times
Yes. It was in existence, in 1964 with about 175 beds, 3 floors, and was the first hospital in Orange County to provide hemodialysis services. The founder of that dialysis unit, Dr. Joe H Leonard, died in Knoxville, TN on February 26, 2011.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 PM

75 posts, read 192,532 times
Brings back some childhood memories from that time period. Our family doctor was Dr. Ward who had an office in the medical complex there. My mother spent a few days in Palm Harbor in the 60s with a burst appendix. I had braces put on by an orthdontist(Dr. Buckley) who had an office in that area (off Harbor between Lampson and GG Blvd.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,193 times
I was born in 1964 at Palm Harbor, I was wondering why they changed it to Garden Grove medical center? I have a microfiche birthcertificate and it states Palm Harbor which is no longer there.9689

Old 04-27-2016, 04:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OChomepro View Post
Brings back some childhood memories from that time period. Our family doctor was Dr. Ward who had an office in the medical complex there. My mother spent a few days in Palm Harbor in the 60s with a burst appendix. I had braces put on by an orthdontist(Dr. Buckley) who had an office in that area (off Harbor between Lampson and GG Blvd.
Ahh, yes, Ward, of Ward, Dougherty and Katz. Harmon Ward was a wonderful FP, and their practice was amongst the busiest and most well respected practices in Garden Grove. Those were the days, but medicine has gotten much more efficient and, unfortunately, has lost a lot of the personal touches that Harmon, Richard and Hale brought to their patients. Hale was the originator of the famous watch that mocked Spiro T. Agnew, and established the Dougherty Time Company.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 255 times
My daughter was born in Palm Harbor Hospital in 1983 the doctor was Dr Wang
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County